Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fcordova Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 15, 2011, 12:43 AM
    If I sign my rights over do I still have to pay child support?
    Okay so my babies daddy and I have had 4 kids together. And instead of paying child support I have two kids and he has two. We live 10 minutes away from each other so we switch and take turns on the weekends taking all four so the kids can be together on the weekends. We are not together. He is with another girl now and he and her had a baby. And they broke up for 6 months and he slep with another girl who said she was on birth control but wasn't. Now they had a one night stand and a year later he gets served child support papers at work. He doesn't want nothing to do with her or the baby. He has enough kids he is taking care of. And I wouldn't consider him to be a dead beat dad. Now would he still have to pay child support if he signs his rights over?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 12:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fcordova View Post
    Now would he still have to pay child support if he signs his rights over??
    A short answer-YES!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 15, 2011, 06:35 AM

If you had checked this forum for similar posts you would have found this stick: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-116098.html as well as THOUSANDS of other threads that answer this question.

Your baby's daddy needs to learn to keep it in his pants!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 10:14 AM

First of course he is a dead beat dad if he does not want to pay and take care of the needs of all of his kids, he just picks which one he is dead beat for.

Next he would not be able to sign over his rights anyway, unless the mother has a new partner that wants to adopt,
    ** men can not just sign their rights away to get out of paying child support, if it was that easy, the jails would not be full of dead beat dads.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does anyone sign away parental rights, if they still pay child support? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been doing lots of reading up on signing away parental rights, and have read over and over that you are only signing away your rights, not your responsibilities or obligations. What I don't understand, is, why would a father choose to sign over his parental rights, yet still be obligated...

If I sign over my rights do I still have to pay child support [ 2 Answers ]

If I sign over my rights do I still have to pay child support

Can I sign over rights and not pay child support? [ 2 Answers ]

I found out a year after my son was born that he was mine. So I had to start paying child support and back child support. Then she was calling wanting me to be in his life so I said yes. She called the law and said I was going to cut her and the baby's neck so they put an order of protection were I...

Father Wants to sign away his rights so he doesn't have to pay child support [ 3 Answers ]

Is this legal? Can he do this? Will the courts allow it since the child support was court ordered? His wife and him are trying to bully me into hiring a lawyer and having the paper work drawn up for this. They both were convicted of child abuse against my son and she has a no contact order...

View more questions Search