Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karkar430 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 10:50 PM
    Brown discharge during period
    I am on birth control and am supposed to have my period this week, instead it has been a brown discharge for about five days but light and then today when I went to the bathroom a little red blood came out and that was it for the blood. I have had brown discharge before but I don't think I remember it being that long or ending with red blood.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2011, 10:53 PM
    I think you may be starting your period ,given the red blood.
    Clearly, if you have not had a period in a week from your due date take a test with first morning urine.
    Brown is not uncommon before a new period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why brown discharge before period? [ 6 Answers ]

It's a couple of days before my period and I'm getting a brownish discharge when I wipe and don't know why? I just switched to a new type of pill, but prior have been on ortho for about 3 years now.. Could I be pregnant??

Brown discharge + sticky darker brown when period is due [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 and is sexually active with my boyfriend. We are each other first and only so it shouldn't be anything like std or something. Anyway, my period was due last thrusday and it didn't come. The only thing that came was creamy light brown discharge then on Friday night, me and my boyfriend...

Brown Discharge a week before period, then brown discharge at time of period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on Yaz birth control and because of a different medicine I take they say the effectiveness of the birth control may be compromised (they don't know how much) so I always make sure to use a condom in addition to the birthcontrol. I never miss a pill and take them regularly...

Brown discharge instead of period [ 1 Answers ]

For the last few months instead of getting a steady red blood flow I just get brown discharge. I'm on birth control because I have polycystic ovarian syndrome but I'm not sexually active so pregnancy isn't a possibility. Could this just be an effect of the because or something more?

View more questions Search