Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PhysicsNut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 04:22 AM
    transposing equations
    Hi I would like to know how you would transpose the equation V=IR so that (I) is the subject?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2011, 06:20 AM

As long as you remember to perform the same operation to both sides of the equation, the equation will stay the same. So, the idea of transposing is to cancel out things you don't want on one side of the equation.

In this case, what would you do to get ride of the R on the right hand side?
    liamacky Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 05:05 AM
    can anyone transpose this equation for I

Pcr=x2EI/L2
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 16, 2012, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liamacky View Post
    can anyone transpose this equation for I

Pcr=x2EI/L2
    Please don't double post questions. Response to this question is here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mathematics/transposition-equation-660435.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transposing equations [ 5 Answers ]

I am having a hard time transposing this equation. P = 2Pi(F1 - F2)(r) n/60 find for n. So far I have P/2Pi=(F1-F2)(r)n/60 My next step that I can think of is to multiply both sides by 60 so it woul look like (60)P/2Pi=(F1-F2)(r)(n). I don't just keep stacking the division up on the left...

Transposing formulas [ 6 Answers ]

1. If watts = joules/seconds find joules 2. if kWh=kwxhours, find kw 3. If R = p*/a find * 4. if e = 1/2 mV2 find v 5. If p= mgh/t , find g

Transposing Arc Length Equations [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to transpose the following equation to make x the subject given that it is based on the formula for arc length - Arc Length = angle size/360 x 2 pi r The equation is expressed with all given information: 15 = 40/360 x 2 pi x

Transposing Equations [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to transpose formulas with the algebraic method... for instance... 2=x... csn you please help?

Transposing a Formula [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, After many pages of working, I've managed to work my way to an equation that looks like this: x=10ln(y/(5-15y))-26 I now need to rearrange this equation to y=... No matter how many times I try I just can't seem to get it. I'm farily sure that the above equation is correct but the...

View more questions Search