Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rakangas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 07:21 PM
    Can my sons father get out of child support, or back child support?
    The paternity was established for my son at 6 months of age.. will the father have to pay the past 6 months?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 07:23 PM

Normally support is payable to the time that the motion was filed in court for support.
    So if you file the motion sooner and did not get the test till then,

But it is not "getting out of" support is just not due or owed, till there is a court order.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2011, 07:26 PM

When was a petition for support filed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Can I file back child support against my father [ 1 Answers ]

My parents split up in 94 and my brother and myself moved here from the state of NC to TX that year... there was never a child support case filed with either state... can I go back and get unpaid child support from my father after all of these years or have I well exceeded the statute of limitations

If awarded child support during a divorce and the father moves back do he still pay [ 3 Answers ]

If awarded child support during a divorce and the father moves back into the house where the child resides is he still responsible for paying the court ordered child support? I am asking because my ex-husband moved back into the house and would only write a check for half of the mortgage because in...

Can a father of a child force child support on a mother that gave up the child willing [ 13 Answers ]

While my wife and I were split up she got pregnant ( while on the birth control implant). I myself am fixed ( we didn't want anymore kids) and we couldn't afford to have more kids if wanted them. We thought about giving the child up for adoption but it turns out the father wants the child. He...

Can I go after my father for back child support? [ 1 Answers ]

Im 22 and my father never paid a dime in child support, since I was 2. Can I go after him or does my mom have to? This is for the state of VA. I have his current address, I tracked him down.

View more questions Search