Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lornemower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 12:48 PM
    12.5 briggs and stratton motor repair
    I have replaced conrod but have stuffed up settings. Do not know correct position of piston related to tapped setting
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jan 17, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Are you referring to timing marks on the crank and cam? If so you will see small mark on cam that will line up with mark on the crankshaft gear .
    Thank you
    Don
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:36 AM
    Ditto. The rest is simple... just put in the valves and springs... its easier if the piston is at top dead center to do this...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riding Lawn Mover with Briggs and Stratton 14 HP motor [ 8 Answers ]

I have a riding lawn mover with a 14 hp briggs and stratton engine. I cannot read the model number and I need engine parts (intake valve and keeper). How can I order a part if I don't know engine model??

Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp [ 3 Answers ]

My friend has a Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp engine on a riding lawn mower. He asked me if I had ever seen one that leaked oil from under the flywheel. He said there are two holes under the flywheel that oil is seeping out of. I am totally at a loss of the holes he is referring to and therefore I...

10 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what the intake and exhaust valve setting for a briggs and stratton generator. Thank you :(

Briggs and Stratton 10 hp [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one help me I need to know what valve setting to set on my briggs stratton generator. Thank you for you help

Briggs &stratton 15 hp. [ 1 Answers ]

The other day this engine just quit and I had no spark from the coil. It has the electronic ignition so I cleaned everything under the flywheel and put it back thinking that this must be the problem but no. There is a small wire that goes to the coil and when I pull it off it will fire. I found two...

View more questions Search