Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vdstein Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 09:54 AM
    Should Vendors get a 1099
    Our Company manufactures wood shavings, so we buy logs from multiple log suppliers/land owners. The issue we are finding is the truckers that bring the logs into our manufacturing plant want the checks made payable to then, and not the log supplier/land owner. As a rule we do not contract the truckers the log supplier sets this up themselves. I do have a form w-9 in our files for anyone we paid, but because we are buying logs I'm not sure if we should be sending the truckers a 1099. If I interperted the IRS rules, we do not have to send out 1099 for merchandise (logs)purchases.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 10:48 AM
    Under current law, the purchase of SUPPLIES is not a payment that has to be reported using Form 1099-MISC.

That will change if the 1099 reporting requirements passed as part of the new healthcare law is not amended, but, for now, you need NOT submit Forms 1099 to the truckers, who are acting as agents for the suppliers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W9 to Vendors [ 6 Answers ]

I work for a corporation. Do I need to send W9's out every year to vendors who we paid over $600 to? I have never done this, unless they are a new vendor and I do not have their SS# or TIN on file.

Vendors Journals entry [ 2 Answers ]

Journal entry when I buying purchases from vendors in cash and put it in My Inventory

Vendors for my banquet hall business [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I'm looking at I guess what would be my future competition in the banquet hall business (currently in construction). I'm wondering how to make mine "up there" with all the other banquet halls. I've noticed that most of them offer catering and linens and decorations and florists. My big...

Should I issue 1099s to all my vendors. [ 2 Answers ]

I want someone to confirm that Companies should issue 1099s to everyone who they issued a check for $ 600 or more... all vendors including corporations. :mad:

Harassment by credit card vendors [ 6 Answers ]

If there is a body of evidence showing that a credit card vendor harassed a debtor knowing that by so doing that debtor would suffer severe anxiety and stress; does this constitute a criminal offence under the Protection from Harassment Act. If so, how would you go about bringing them to court.

View more questions Search