Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kansan123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 08:58 AM
    Levy for old debt and cashing paychecks...
    If I have a levy on my account for an old debt at Bank of America, can I still cash my paycheck at the local bank where the check is written off, or will they take that and be forced to give that to Bank of America as well?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2011, 09:21 AM

Hello k:

Your levy doesn't follow your around.. If the check is written on a different bank, then cash it.

excon
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Jan 13, 2011, 02:39 PM
    Are you asking can you can cash that check at B.O.A. Do you have another account at another bank?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just received a bank levy on my account from a credit card debt that I owed. [ 14 Answers ]

I made a payment arrangement with this credit card collection agency and I had set up a payment arrangement with them so they were taking $50 from my account every month. They stopped taking money out of my account so I assumed the debt had been paid off as I haven't heard anything from this agency...

Levy on my account due to my father's debt [ 6 Answers ]

Thanks, Lord! I found this forum. I'm very frustrated at this moment. Last night(5/3/2009 @ 9:00pm) I found out that there's levy placed on my checking account. Someone took a little over $6000 from my checking account a few days ago. So, I called my bank to see what happened. The...

Bank levy due credit card debt. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a bank account with my wife, she got a debt since 2007, and we receive a letter from bank saying the account is overdrawn in 8000 due a levy. Also we receive a letter from court shown an index number. My accountant made a mistake whe he did my taxes and the IRS sent me my refund to...

Are these paychecks mine to keep? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I verbally accepted a position with an insurance company. The agreement was pending a drug test and credit check. In the meantime I went to work for a different company. I never reported to work at the insurance company and then 3 or 4 weeks later I received a paycheck from the insurance...

Levy on Account, Wife's Debt, Help [ 11 Answers ]

An attorneys office placed a levy on our bank accounts 1 week ago today for a debt my wife owes. I am currently separated from my wife, however, she is on the account. She does not work and all the money in this bank account came from my direct deposit and I need it to support our 3 children. This...

View more questions Search