Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaMaSa Posts: 4, Reputation: 5

Jan 12, 2011, 10:16 PM
    Ash123, My girlfriend (been dating for 10 months) just broke up with me
    Ash123, My girlfriend (been dating for 10 months) just broke up with me saying that she is unhappy with herself and she needs to work on that. Now she says she loves me and cares for me but if she is not happy with herself she can be happy with me. She also says that there is no else in her life and that maybe in the future there could be an us again. What should I do?
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Jan 13, 2011, 07:33 AM
    Let her go, she's not happy. It sucks but, all you can do is move on with your life.

Jan 13, 2011, 08:11 AM
    Not what I wanted to hear but may be the best. The other problem is that we both have a part time job during the weekend and we will see each other a lot. Also she said that we can be together for valentines. I am so confused by what she does and says. Also she has been on Facebook lately but has not changed her status to single it stills say in a relationship with my name next to it
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 08:55 AM

Leave her alone to get happy with herself.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 09:46 AM

Leave her alone. That is all you can do.
    Respect her wishes.
    You may not understand everything but you do know she wants out.
    Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 09:53 AM

I think when you can see this as HER problem, and not a relationship problem, or YOUR problem, then you can plot a course of action for YOURSELF, that's not dependent on a freakin' social site status.

Jan 13, 2011, 12:12 PM
    Thaks for the advise. I am leaving her alone and even though I am dying to call her I not going to. I am jut very confused with the fact that she tells me that we need a break and that is better if we don't be together for a while but it was the time for me to leave (I dropped her off at her house after dinner) she kept hugging me, we kissed and told me that we can talk and even hangout during the weekend after work. I think that I can't even think clearly. I am just so confused. Also her twin sister just got married last weekend (we went together) and she says she is scared because everyone came up to her asking her when she was going to get married.
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Jan 13, 2011, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMaSa View Post
    i am jut very confused with the fact that she tells me that we need a break and that is better if we dont be together for a while but it was the time for me to leave (i dropped her off at her house after dinner) she kept hugging me, we kissed and told me that we can talk and even hangout during the weekend after work.
    That's why you need to leave her alone. For you.

She has ended the relationship but keeps you hanging on a string which she can tug at anytime to get your attention.

She's told you that you can hangout and talk etc. That's nice of her. Shame she doesn't care enough to want to be in a relationship with you.

If she's got issues to deal with then leave her alone to deal with it alone. Instead of choosing to stay with you and deal with stuff together she has let you go.

Walk away. And don't be confused anymore.

Be warned: She has told you its over so when she turns up with a new man, and she will eventually, don't be all heart broken.

Jan 13, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Nothing ever has hurt like this before. But I will do that I will leave her alone and move on with my life. Thanks
    Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by DaMaSa
    I am jut very confused with the fact that she tells me that we need a break and that is better if we don't be together for a while but it was the time for me to leave (I dropped her off at her house after dinner) she kept hugging me, we kissed and told me that we can talk and even hangout during the weekend after work.
    Translation- You have been demoted to the friend zone and when I have nothing else to do we can talk and hang out. BYE now

Yeah that always hurts being dumped, but disappear from her life and enjoy your own.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2011, 08:47 PM

The only way to deal with life is to have your own life... then share it. Rewards can follow. If one person wants space, just give it to them.
    If they wish to work to get you back, so be it, but the burden is on them now - not you...

This was 4 months late... but hope you are well.

A

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend broke up with me. 5 months relationship, and I know that I love her. [ 13 Answers ]

I treated her like she was unimportant, an attempt to guide her to self reliance, and it backfired. She still tells me that she loves me, but she's always hanging out with all the guy friends that I always suspected had a thing for her that she would never tell me about. She still tells me she...

She broke NC after almost 2 months. [ 7 Answers ]

hey guys, so, ill sum up the backstory with a few lines here: we dated for 8 months, we go to college together, I'm 21, she's 18(19 now). We got along great as good friends, same sense of humor, 2 attractive people, loved each others friends, the usual. why we didn't work: --she was...

NC broke after 8 months! [ 1 Answers ]

Well, first of all... I haven't been on the site in quite some time and I would like to take a second and say hello to Tal, Big Bird, Starbuck, Wondergirl, Altenweg, Chuff, and all of the others that helped me through my struggles. How are all of you? After 8 months of NC, my ex contacted...

I was dating someone for 5yrs and we just broke up [ 25 Answers ]

I was dating this guy for 5yrs on and off and I don't know what I'm doing anymore I lost all my friends I have no one in my life there is so much that is hurting me I don't know where to start.. :confused:

Should I try to start dating my ex who I broke up with 4 months ago? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25 years old and my ex is 27. We met in the first year of law school and then he moved five hours away for school. Before he moved away, I got pregnant and we decided to have an abortion. After that, he got his acceptance into a very well-recognized law school. I wanted him to stay even though...

View more questions Search