Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    delilah123 Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Jan 12, 2011, 09:57 PM
    How to stop my parents from making me get an abortion
    I'm not pregnant but my mom said if I get pregnant early and if she finds out I will have to get an abortion. I want to keep my own child.
    rachel_1991 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 11:23 PM
    Hiya if u don't mind me asking how old are u... at the end of the day its your choice what you do with your baby no one can make you do anything you want to... you have made the mistake now you have to live with it... you make the right choice for you and not your perants good luck hope every thing works out for you
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 11:46 PM

I just want to point out this part of the OP's post.

I'm not pregnant
    If you're not pregnant than why are you worrying about this? Are you planning on getting pregnant?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 11:47 PM

Since you are 13...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...ng-539122.html

Having a baby is not a healthy decision for you. There are so many things that can go wrong at your age.

Why not try to be the child that you are and stop playing grown up games until you are grown up.

Your parents are not ready to be grandparents to a baby who may have physical or mental difficulties due to your poor choices as a 13 year old.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2011, 04:58 AM

Delilah,

With reading your other posts it is obvious that you are moving way too fast. The guys you have picked recently to become close to are not thinking of you at all. They may tell you great things, maybe even how much they love you, and make you feel good, but they will lead you down a path of nothing but trouble. It is so clear that they are wanting you to be involved in things that you and they both should not be considering.

If they really cared about you they wouldn't ask you to do anything that could harm you or get you into trouble would they?

As was said, sex at your age is dangerous to your health. If you did become pregnant, how in the world do you think you would be able to take care of a baby and all the expenses that go with it? What if the baby was ill and needed to be in hospital for awhile after it was born... which is more common with young mothers? Who pays for that? Where would you live? Food? Jobs? Electricity? Phone? Health insurance? Do you like your sleep?. with a baby you would have very little of it. Do you like to hang out with your friends?. with a baby you would not be able to do as much.

What goals do you have for yourself? What type of career would you like to do when you are older? You have so much of your life ahead of you, now is when you should be having fun with friends, focusing on your education, learning about the things you may want to do in the future, setting goals for yourself.

Want to know what sort of guy you are with? Tell him you are not going to have sex with anyone until you are older and married. See how long he wants to remain being your boyfriend.

He will either accept it, be understanding and respect you... continue to try and talk you into it, but eventually give up and leave to find another girl who will do what he wants... or he will leave very soon after you tell him.

Think and be smart about your life.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2011, 05:08 AM

You can stop them by not putting yourself in a position where you would even need to be considering this. The decision to abort or continue with a pregnancy is difficult at any age. And definitely not a decision you want to be faced with any time in the near future. It would be best for you to abstain from sex all together until you are ready emotionally and financially to deal with the consequences. But if you want wait, at least use protection to decrease the chances of becoming pregnant. You should be on some form of hormonal birth control and always always always use a condom if you decide to have sex, although it would be best for you to wait until you are much older. Even with birth control, there is always some chance of becoming pregnant. And you also have to be careful of stds.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 05:54 AM

Of course the boy will not be there to help, since he will be in prison as a child molestor or rapist, I am sure your parents will see to that. *** and he should,

Next you first just don't have sex, so you will not get pregnant and will not have to worry about it.
    delilah123 Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Mar 1, 2011, 09:45 PM
    Comment on rachel_1991's post
    I'm 13
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2011, 09:49 PM

And 13 is way too young for sex.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 1, 2011, 09:49 PM

Well, to answer your question a woman always has the right to choose-I think this applies to 13 year old mothers as well.

THAT being said--please consider everyone's plea to enjoy your youth. I don't know what the rush is, because you'll have all the time in the world to be an adult when you get there in just 5 years. While you're still young, enjoy not having responsibilities. It breaks my heart to see someone so young worrying about things like this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My parents died and now I have trouble making decisions. [ 3 Answers ]

My parents died about five years ago. I did my best to grieve and move on with my life but now I am finding that I have trouble making decisions about what to do with my life. My mother always helped me with the hard questions and now that she is gone and feel stuck. My parents passing away at...

Can't stop thinking about my abortion [ 16 Answers ]

So I just got an abortion, and I was completely against it, but I had no other choice I didn't want to bring a child to this world, when no one wants it, my boyfriend at first said he would be there for me threw the whole thing buh I had to give the baby up for adoption but I coudlnt do that, my...

Can having abortion stop you from getting pregnant again [ 6 Answers ]

Im a 20yr old female. I had a abortion 5yrs ago and I am now trying to get pregnant again I have been trying to get pregnant for 7months. But still no luck can having a abortion have something to do with it or can it be because my boyfriend smokes weed. Somebody please help this is driving me crazy

They won't stop making out! [ 14 Answers ]

OK so as you previously read my friend has a new boyfriend. Good for her. But when we go out all they do is just make out e.g... yesterday all I said was hello. They meet 3 hours before they meet with us to give them some alone time and I expect that when they meet with us they talk to us not be...

How do I stop making my girlfriend upset [ 2 Answers ]

desperate need of good advivce Hi, This is the first time I have ever used a site like this but I hate asking people I know for info because I'm probably insecure or whatever anyway I couldn't tell my girlfriend this either OK so I have been dating this girl for a little more than 6...

View more questions Search