Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cyrus_Armani Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 09:42 PM
    Is it normal to becom red after two weeks of using Monobenzone 20% (Mixture cream)?
    This is for lighterrr or whoever has used Monobenzone

Okay,I have a purchased my Mono from www.isis comoany(its already a compounded 20% cream ) I have mixed the cream with a Aveeno body lotion = 1 part Mono cream20% + 3 parts Aveno body lotion
    I have been applying the mixture on my face and body once a day in the morning right after the shower and I live it on my skin for about 12 hours then I rains it off ,the mixture does not stink(has a bit of funny smell but doesn't stink ),its been 12 days now since I started the treatment,however my has become red just like when you get back from the beach ,I need lighterrr ,or whoever has experienced using Mono to tell me if this is normal and its supposed to be like that ,any suggestion would be appreciate it ,

and for the record I am Light skin Italian living in Toronto , Canada

Looking forward to hear back from you guys

Regards
    Nickol32 Posts: 116, Reputation: 10

Jan 13, 2011, 02:33 AM
    Side effect with monobenzone:
    Mild burning, irritation, redness, cracking, or peeling of the treated skin may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.Skin that is not treated with this medication may also become discolored or irregular in appearance. Sometimes these effects may be permanent. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details.Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing

I hope you know what you're doing, because mono is intended only for Vitiligo

Jan 13, 2011, 07:19 AM
    Hey Nickol32 , Thank you

I am in my first year at medical school at University of Toronto so I pretty much know about the side effects and before I differently have done a lot of research and read so many books regarding the consequences however this compounded works differently on every individual ,and everybody reacts differently , what I am experiencing is redness on the places that's been treated with this medication , So I was wondering if someone who has used Mono with the same color as me (Caucasian) has experienced the same thing , and what had happened next , I will be so grateful if someone like Lovie or lighterrrr could right me back and share their experience

All the best to everyone

Peace

Jan 13, 2011, 07:24 AM
    Hey Nickol32 , Thank you

I am in my first year at medical school at University of Toronto so I pretty much know about the side effects and before I started applying this medication I have certainly done a lot of research and read so many books regarding the consequences however this compounded works differently on every individual ,and everybody reacts differently , what I am experiencing is redness on the places that's been treated with this medication , So I was wondering if someone who has used Mono with the same color as me (Caucasian) and has experienced the same thing , I'd like to know what had happenes next , I will be so grateful if someone like Lovie or lighterrrr could right me back and share their experience

All the best to everyone

Peace
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2011, 02:39 PM
    Hi
    Well the skin will become red and shinny and very thin if it is real mono that you are using, depending on your skin sensitivity you may also begin to see spots
    latinskin Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 05:57 PM
    I've been using mono about 2 months and I have no big side effects... well at first my skin got very dry, but now it's all fine. I stopped for 3 days and the dryness was gone, maybe you should stop for a while

Jan 13, 2011, 06:41 PM
    latinskin

I've been using mono about 2 months and I have no big side effects... well at first my skin got very dry, but now it's all fine. I stopped for 3 days and the dryness was gone, maybe you should stop for a while

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey you , what's up
    Yea I am using Mono 20% , and it's a mixture from a legit company not a mono powder from Asia , and according to the usage that came with the product I mixed the mixture with Aveno lotion
    1 part Mono + 3 parts lotion and I have been applying it only once a day
    So its suppose to be pretty mild they said I have to use it like this for two weeks then do
    1 parts Mono+1 parts lotion , apply it once a day for another two weeks , then switch it to twice a day
    However I have only been applying it on my skin once a day after shower , for 12 days , and all my skin has turned red and like lighterrr said earlier my skin has become red and shinny and very thin , so I stopped today and thought to give my skin a day break , since I don't want to irritate it so much
    The redness is fine the reason the body turns red is because it's trying to fight back so it produce more melanin , but what's makes me worried is that its only been 12 days , I have heard people don't see result for months , like I read some Indian guy said he used it for about two months and his body has gotten tan instead of getting light , so I don't know

So you said you have been using you mono for two months now and you haven't seen any side effects!! Have you at least seen any result ?
    Have you gotten lighter ? Can you tell me how much from 1 - 10 if you have ?

And if you don't mind me asking what skin color are you ? Are you Caucasian or African American ?

Looking forward to hear back from you

Cyrus

Jan 14, 2011, 06:37 AM
    That´s also normal, all people here talk about 2 minutes irritation, but some just don't have it like me. Well, it burns just a little bit, nothing really bad. I use retin a too. I am not sure if I am already lighter (but I am pale), because its winter and the sun is gone. If I don't see any changes in 2 more months, I will stop if it. I am a light person, I would say, I am a pale Jennifer Lopez. I don't know if thtas true, thar this irritation is cause of the melanin fighting back, it just the produckt that is irritating your skin. I aplly it twice a day. If this is something, that you really want to do, thenn be patience, but if your redness don't stop, you have to stop. As I had hydroquinone I got red because I got sun light and I saw like I was on the beach, really red. Any way, that's all folks

Jan 14, 2011, 08:58 AM
    latinskin

That´s also normal, all people here talk about 2 minutes irritation, but some just don't have it like me. Well, it burns just a little bit, nothing really bad. I use retin a too. I am not sure if I am already lighter (but I am pale), because its winter and the sun is gone. If I don't see any changes in 2 more months, I will stop if it. I am a light person, I would say, I am a pale Jennifer Lopez. I don't know if thtas true, thar this irritation is cause of the melanin fighting back, it just the produckt that is irritating your skin. I aplly it twice a day. If this is something, that you really want to do, thenn be patience, but if your redness don't stop, you have to stop. As I had hydroquinone I got red because I got sun light and I saw like I was on the beach, really red. Any way, that's all folks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear latinskin :

Thank you for taking your time writing back to me , No I have any burning sensation , like I do when I put the cream on for maybe 5 to 10 minutes however but worries me is the redness that I have ,yea just like I came back from the beach , I guess its my skin reaction because I am Caucasian , jennifer lopez color is not pale , its olive (Spanish) , Angelina Joli is pale or Nocole kidman ,I am almost Jeniffer Lopez color maybe a shade or two lighter,if you have been using it for two months and yet have not seen any lightning don't you think you should get suspicious on the purity of the cream ? Where do you purchase your cream from if you don't mine me asking ? If you can't put it here then try to send me a private message , I can't put email address here someone said if I do I'll be flagged (deleted)

Jan 14, 2011, 09:16 AM
    Comment on Cyrus_Armani's post
    No, jennifer lopez is not pale, I know that lol, just imagine her complexion, but a little pale, that's me

Jan 14, 2011, 09:22 AM
    Lol, yea I know what you are saying , where do you order your mono from if you don't mind me asking :)
    Dale8fan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 02:20 PM
    Cyrus,
    I have been trying to get mono for some time, I have vitiligo, about 50% affected. From everything
    I understand the redness and such is very normal, maybe a good sign actually, that it is working.
    I am on a message board for vitiligo and they talk about avoiding sun completely while using it.
    Are you using a sunscreen too?
    Are you comfortable that the Isis product is good quality? I am thinking about ordering it.
    I would like to depig but can't get a dermatologist to help me. They all want to repigment.
    I have tried for 20 years and its no longer worth the $ or disappointment.
    Best Wishes
    Lisa

Jan 17, 2011, 04:43 PM
    Dear Dale8fan :

The company called isis cosmeceuticals ,I paid 1300$ for one gallon Mono Cream ,they only have 1 gallon in stock nothing cheaper , Frankly I have no clue if it is a real Mono or not , I have been on this website for a while now and honestly don't know what to believe,who is truthful who is lying!!
    I even thought about finding a lab here in Toronto to get this Mixture tested but I don't know any place where they would do that and today I was talking to a friend of mine who is a pharmacist and he said it will be extremely costly to do that, The Pharmacist is my friend he would give me Mono without a prescription (I hadn't told him before I purchase form isis ) but today he tried three different companies and non had Mono powder, they said it has been completely discontinued in North America , so I am not sure where the hell all these on line companies get their mono from??
    If I could get an access to a legit company who would provide a real Mono powder then I could just give it to a friend of mine who is a pharmacist and he will do the mixture for me(never do the Mixture on your own , ignore whatever people say here that's why all get disfigured )
    Isis cosmeceuticals seems to be legit however I won't believe it until someone tells me they have actually used their Mono and seen results!!
    What company do you have in mind to order your Mono from ?
    What is your background ?
    Do you live in Toronto (in case ) ?

Jan 17, 2011, 05:22 PM
    Dear latinskin :

You mentioned you have been using you mono for two months now and you haven't seen any side effects!! I have a question :
    Have you at least seen any result ?
    I mean have you at least gotten any lighter ? Can you please tell me how much from 1 - 10 if you have ?
    And if you don't mind me asking what skin color are you ? Are you Caucasian or African American ?

Cyrus

Dale8fan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 05:28 PM
    Hi Cyrus,
    No, sorry, not from Toronto. I live in Indiana.
    I don't know who to order mono from. The more I read on the internet the more skeptical I become that there are any companies selling a true mono cream. Most people think if you have vitiligo you can get a script no problem. This is not true at all! My derm has never depiged anyone and does not want to start on me.
    I do have a name of a doctor who has done it before, but he is several hours away, and I have no guarantee
    He could help me.
    I am wondering if other lightning creams would fade my "normal" skin so my vitiligo is not as visible in the summer months. I am very light skinned, but tan easily in the sun (except for the vit)
    Are you still using the cream or have you stopped completely?
    Lisa

Jan 17, 2011, 05:44 PM
    Dear Dale8fan :

Yea I hear you , like I said my friend is a pharmacist and he has a Pharmacy ,that mean there is no need for prescription , he tried to get the powder to make me the cream today and he called three different companies that they used to order from them years back however non had the Mono in stuck ,after all benoquin was made in Canada and now I can't find the Mono here , so I guess you better save up your time not sure if you could find it in Indiana , look don't use anything else and don't listen to what people say here ,using pills and other shi* will only ruin your skin , you can try that company that I got mine , I also got in touch with one of the girls who dipeged her skin , she lives in Toronto , she got me the info of the person she was getting her Mono from ( the source is actually her best friend ) , I got in touch with her and talked to her , she says that she has the right mono , the one that she used herself , I can't get it from her since I already spent 1300 $ on mine from isis company and still not sure if its real or not , but if you want I can hook you up actually she lives in Ajax small city next to Toronto !

Jan 17, 2011, 05:45 PM
    I'm sure I got a bit lighter (maybe 2 shades), but it's a very slow process... well I also got very dry skin, that´s my major side effect.. I am trying to be patient

Jan 17, 2011, 06:22 PM
    Dear latinskin :

Did you get tan and dark , patchy before you started getting lighter ?
    And do you mind if I ask you where did you get your Mono from ? According to the privacy policy of this website you can name the company but you can't post a link or a website , so would you please tell me where did you get your Mono from ?

Really appreciate it

Regards

Jan 17, 2011, 07:00 PM
    I din't not notice if I get tan and dark and lighter, maybe... the last time I saw the sun was about 2 months ago lol (winter)... I think that's why I don´t see big changes

Jan 17, 2011, 07:02 PM
    I have pm you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search