Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcjames Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 06:02 PM
    After being deported can I use my social sercurity number?
    And if i use it can i.c.e. track it through i.r.s? Because as you know, i will have to file income taxes. That's one question, the other is will it affect my chances to fix my immigration status because i'm legally married to a u.s. citizen.this was after i seen the judge for the last time.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2011, 06:12 PM

Yes, IRS can and will provide your address (if that is your question) to any other Government agency which asks for it.

Is that your question?
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jan 13, 2011, 08:10 AM

Will need more information to answer your question correctly.

Use or non-use of your SSN is only marginally related to immigration status. If you are using it correctly, there is no immigration violation at all.

Are you back in the US after deportation? And if so, did you apply for the required advance permission to re-enter? If you entered unlawfully, then it will make the petition filed by your USC spouse more difficult to approve, as you will likely need to return to your home country to apply for the IV waiver.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney. You will need one that is familiar with IV processing and the I-601 waiver at AMCON and the ARO. Good luck.
    mcjames Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 06:04 PM
    Comment on NYcityboy's post
    The deal is I haven't left, I need to work to have money for everything. Even to return to my country. These days its difficult to get a job. I just don't want to be caught.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jan 18, 2011, 07:23 PM

If you were ordered deported and you didn't report when you got your B&B letter, then you are technically a "fugitive from justice". The SSA and the IRS generally don't check with the USCIS or ICE, but will provide information to them if requested. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What form should I useonly drawing social sercurity [ 2 Answers ]

What tax form should I use only drawing social security

Regarding social security number [ 4 Answers ]

:)Hello, I need to know what my child's social security number is for taxes. His card was misplaced during a move .

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

View more questions Search