Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2011, 12:31 PM

Please Choke, think about the smart thing rather than what you want before you take this path.

I work for a very small company and our entry level job doesn't require anything more than 8th grade level spelling and a clear speaking voice. However, we don't even bother interviewing people that are drop outs. It isn't that our job requires it - it is because the boss feels that if a person can't even commit to the cake walk that is public high school in the US, then they won't make it at work for a week. So why bother wasting the trainer's time?

You say you were an A student, so you have the brains. Now you need to dig deeper and discover that you have the ability to commit to something (like finishing high school) whether you like it or not.

I'm going to guess that you don't like school because you are tired of people telling you what to do and that some teachers are a pain in the butt and give you grief, etc. Guess what? That's what work in the real world is like for many adults. There are tons of people out there that would love to quit their jobs and stay home. Most of us stay put and do our jobs because we have responsibilities and people count on us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drop out law age 16 [ 2 Answers ]

What law allows children age 16 todrop out of high school and what is the legal jargon

Florida Law Question [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Florida. I have a neighbor that owns a home on down the street that's going into foreclosure. Her credit's in the dumpster and she's overextended to the max. My home's clear and I enjoy a AAA credit rating. My question's this. We have been hooked up for 15 years. If we get married...

Florida law codes [ 3 Answers ]

I am putting in a request for admission and trying to find the Florida code to put in the paper work

Florida Law [ 1 Answers ]

Is Florida a community property state?:rolleyes:

Florida garnishment law [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the Florida law on garnishment of wages ?

View more questions Search