Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yendor123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 07:58 AM
    2001 Pontiac Grand Am Won't turn over
    I have a 2001 pontiac grand am gt 6 cylnder ( my girl friends car ) the car has issues with cranking . No noise from any starter , battery , any life from the engine trying to start , you turn the key.the gauges go from least to greatest and then back to least and that is it! That is the amount of life it shows . Radio works , and headlights etc but engine nothing . Now here is the most confussing part to this mystery . It only does this sometimes? Might go a week or a month or a day in between this mysterious malfunction . I know that at times she has replaced factory radio , starter rebuilt , preasure sensors for fuel , ignition switch and had it put on computer several times checking for error codes NOTHING , does anyone with experties in pontiac malfunctions have the answer to this mystery .
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2011, 08:34 AM

. Remove and fully charge, or replace, the battery. Most auto parts stores will test and charge batteries for free.

. Check the security system, if the problem persists.
    Got It Boy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2013, 09:40 AM
    Replaced the battery and alternator and have the same problem.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2013, 06:21 AM
    Check your connections on the Ignition Switch, and Starter.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jul 8, 2013, 03:19 PM
    I hate those "confussing parts of the mistery". Ignition switch. Little hint,, does your girlfriend have a lot of heavy stuff on her key ring? That is a big no no,, that weight will ruin a switch in a very short period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turn off oil light on 2001 pontiac grand am [ 2 Answers ]

Turn off oil light on pontiac grand am

2001 pontiac grand am 2.4/abs [ 2 Answers ]

2001 pontiac grand am 2.4/abs troubleshoot my wife's car I changed the front abs and wheelbearings is there any abs sencors in the rear she has drum brakes

Pontiac grand am 2001 4 cy not starting [ 4 Answers ]

This has been an intermittant problem engine goes dead then cranks up this time drove home parked overnite will turn over but will not run need help badly

Turn off change oil light 2001 pontiac grand am [ 2 Answers ]

How do I turn off the change oil light on a 2001 pontiac grand am.

2001 Pontiac Grand Am 2.4 [ 2 Answers ]

Just recently I noticed that when I turn my vechicle off, the door chime remains on. I tried taking out some fuses that I believed would be for the door chime, but to no avail. Because of the constant dinging, my battery is dead, and once I jump the car, the chiming still remains on, and once...

View more questions Search