Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradford34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 09:20 PM
    4 month old spit up a lot today-worried about dehydration? What to do overnight?
    My 4 month old didn't keep much of his feedings down today-spit up a few times. I'm worried about dehydration. Is there a way to know if he is OK? Should I let him sleep through the night or check him? He had no fever when he went to bed but was fussy today.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2011, 04:17 AM

Often it can appear as though they are spitting up much of their feeding(s). Some babies do this on a pretty regular basis.

A rule of thumb is that if they do not appear to be in pain or ill, eating normally, their behavior is not unusual, things are likely to be fine.

For the peace of mind, check on him a couple of times. When he feeds again, try a smaller feed, and see how he does. Over the next day or so, try smaller but more frequent feeds, burping well if needed, have him upright for a bit after each feed before lying him down.

Certainly if you continue to be concerned, give his doctor a call.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have had my lower lip pierced a month ago. Today I noticed white stuff around it. [ 3 Answers ]

It doesn't hurt, swell, or change colors.. it's just freaking me out ! Is it normal or dangerous?

5 month old waking A LOT at night.Rank and Lia need SLEEP! [ 7 Answers ]

Well guys, little Lia Pea is 5 months old and having some sleeps issues that I need advice on. Here's the low down: Our bedtime routine starts at about 4:30(this seems to be when she starts getting fussy so it helps doing it this early). We eat, bath, read, and then I put her bed. We've...

1 month today! [ 10 Answers ]

So.. for all that do not kow my situation please see below for all that do it has been 1 month since nc with my ex. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/lost-love-189867.html.........i honestly feel worse and think about her more, but I have no urge to contact her because I feel that it...

Worried, a period well over a month long [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 18, not sexually active and have been on my period for well over a month... I was at the DR's a day before all this started and was tested for anemia which can back negative I don't know what's worng... also my family has a history of hysterectimes I'm wondering if I may have caught a genetic...

Worried mom of 10 month old [ 2 Answers ]

Is it normal for a 10 month old to not say mama or dada or not clap hands,waveor walk?

View more questions Search