Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lena112358 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 07:03 PM
    What does my dream mean for free?
    There was a tall dark obscure man, that I don't know, but is my friend telling me that I am crazy and looking at me in a confused way because I need an ostrich to save the world.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 07:06 PM

It doesn't mean anything.

***ADDED*** Last night I dreamt I was back at work and we were all smiling and laughing and the boss came in and she was smiling and laughing too. Does that mean I will leave retdirement and go back to work?

Like FrChuck said, our imaginations are at work when we're asleep. I miss being at work (but don't miss driving through the snow to get there), so naturally I will dream about the good times we had at work.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 07:08 PM

Most dreams mean little or nothing except our imagination is still active in our sleep.

Someone may say that it means you doubt your real friendship and you feel powerless in some situations.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It doesn't mean anything.

our imaginations are at work when we're asleep.
    Isn't that begging the question? WHY are they at work? Imaginations. What are imaginations?

Freud and Jung each had a lot to say about dreams. Those notions are pretty much discarded these days, but the question remains.

To ascribe dreams to imagination just puts the question at another level - not an answer.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Isn't that begging the question? WHY are they at work?
    Our brains are at work 24/7, processing things we've seen and heard, sometimes in strange ways, from when we are awake and aware. Why? Because that's the way God made them.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why? Because that's the way God made them.
    That's the answer that has been given for thousands of years until we started to understand how things work.

As science and knowledge increases, "God", as an answer, decreases.
    Princess411 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 12:51 PM
    What does it mean when you dream about having a baby with someone you have never talked to?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does my dream mean for free [ 9 Answers ]

They were this woman who I never seen before and she was trying to murder me and my sister and then my friends came and was trying to get in touch with people to stop her and she had chinese writing on her phone and she had loads of photos of girls on her phone she had a baby who was called "dont...

What does my dream mean for free? [ 5 Answers ]

Basically, my girlfriend's ex boyfriend has threatened me in real life. I have been wanting to do something about it ever since he said something, and a few days ago I had a dream that I seen him. I was stood there with my girlfriend and I heard him say "look at him hes scared s***less." After I...

What does my dream mean free [ 4 Answers ]

My 10 yr old was drowning and I couldn't find him

What does my dream mean for free [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I were sitting at a gas station getting gas and he out the gas in and as he got in the car a cop came up and said sir I need you to step out of the car. I said why what did he do. The cop replied he is under arrest for huffing gas (which he called it something else ) so he was...

View more questions Search