Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cmariejohnson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 06:24 PM
    I just installed Honeywell RTH2300 thermostat and it is not functioning. Help!
    I have an all electric unit with a hot water traditional tank. The wires coming from the wall connected to the old thermostat as follows:
    Red to R
    Blue to C
    Yellow to YY2
    Green to G
    White to W

The Honeywell customer care rep told me not to use the blue wire. He instructed me to connect the wires as follows:
    White to W
    Green to G
    Red to R ( left connector wire in place)
    Yellow to Y

He also instructed me to chain the heating fan control to HE so that theHG pin is exposed. He instructed me to leave the heat pump valve as it is factory set.

I told him that there is an orange wire and inquired if I should connect the orange wire to O/B. He said no.

I followed everything he instructed. No heat! What needs to be adjusted?

Help, it's below freezing here in Atlanta now.
    Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

My new Honeywell RTH2300 Thermostat is not working [ 2 Answers ]

Today I purchased a Honeywell RTH2300 Thermostat. Pretty simple I thought! Hooked up the Red Wire to the R terminal, White to the W terminal, Green Wire to the G terminal and the last color I had was a light blue wire, did not have a light blue terminal, but there was a O/B which I believe the O...

How do I add more cycles to my honeywell rth2300 thermostat? [ 0 Answers ]

I just put in a honeywell rth 2300 and while preparing for a party the set up manual was discarded. I know that I can add more cycles to this unit but don't know how to do that.

Problem with Honeywell RTH2300 thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I installed a new HOneywell thermostat in my house, heat only (2 wires: R & W). The thermostat is kicking the furnace/fan on for 10 second intervals, with 10 seconds in between, over the course of half an hour (usually when transitioning from cold to warm modes. i.g. leave to return). ...

Can I connect a honeywell rth2300 thermostat with only 2 wires coming out of the wall [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to install a honeywell rth2300 programmable thermostat, but there are only 2 wires coming out of the wall and attaching to the old school thermostat. Will I be able to install this thermostat or do I need a different model? I am connecting only to a furnace, no ac. Thanks Po

Installing new Honeywell rth2300 thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced an old digital thermostat with a new programmable honeywell. The wires coming out of the wall are as follows: Red White Blue Green In the old thermostat they were connected as follows: Red:Rh (jumpered to RC) White:W Blue:Y

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.