Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bagul.yogesh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
    H1B holder applies for Green Card, can his dependent work?
    Hi There,

I am a H1B holder and my wife is in USA on a H4 dependent visa. My company is willing to apply for a green card for me. If the green card application is completed, can my wife work in USA?

Thank you in advance.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jan 11, 2011, 02:58 PM

If she is included as a dependent spouse, she will be filing the I-485 at the same time as you are, and will qualify for an EAD.

Please check with corporate immigration counsel as to your EB preference classification. As an H-1B, you are most likely in the EB-3(2) preference classification and that is backlogged to January 2001. So it will take over 10 years before you get to the I-485 stage.
    bagul.yogesh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 07:23 PM
    Comment on NYcityboy's post
    Thank you NYcityboy. So I guess it would easier to transfer her status to H1. She has one approved already.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jan 11, 2011, 07:54 PM

Definitely faster to work with the H-1B.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A B1 visa holder marrying a green card holder in us [ 6 Answers ]

I already had a B1 visa... after that I got married in pakistan when my husband came frm us... then I fly to us as a tourist.. n got the court marriage done here in us... so how can I stay with my husband... in us should I change the status of my visa... or my husband could apply for a spouse...

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

H1B status after married green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

My H1B visa will expire in 2010. I plan to marry with 2-year-green card holder. Will I get green card too? How long does it take? And if I quit my job after I married, am I still legel to stay in US? Can I go out of US and come back? Give me some advise pleassssssse

View more questions Search