Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragster1090 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 11:50 AM
    How to show all the text in an excel cell
    I have noticed in a lot of excel spreadsheet that when I past in text some of it does not show up until I double click the cell I pasted in. sometimes it is in the middle sometimes it happens at the end. I am not exceeding the amount of characters allowed in a cell. The length of the cell is only at 328. No where near the 409 that is allowed. How can I fix this so all the text shows up?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 02:58 PM

1) Click the cell once
    2) Press F2
    3) Paste in the text
    4) Press Enter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

Text Color In Excel [ 4 Answers ]

HI, I have Microsoft Excel 2007 I was wondering if there was a way to format words in cells to be certain colors but only part of the word For example, laughing, etc, etc Say I had a list of -ing words and I want to make the -ing ending red in all the cells

Excel text formula [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please provide me the formula to convert names in to email address, for example - "William Smith" should be converted in to "[email protected]. Thanks in advance

Display text vertically and not horizontally in 1 cell (Excel) [ 2 Answers ]

How would you display a line of text to show vertically after each text in one cell? For example: Total Activity Cost And not Total Activity Cost (in one cell)? Thank you in advance.

View more questions Search