Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazypony Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 08:17 AM
    What is the standard amount of deposit to put down when ordering a trailer?
    I have custom ordered a $50000.00us living quarters horse trailer from the Hoosier manufacturer in Indiana. They want $20000.00 for a deposit. This seems ridiculous to me. What is the standard deposit to put down on a trailer?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2011, 09:28 AM

There is no standard. If you are ordering something custom built they may have trouble finding a buyer if you renege. There also may be trouble with your credit rating that they may require a larger deposit. The thing is its up to the manufacturer. If they insist on $20K then you either pay it or take your business elsewhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to put a receiver on the back of a travel trailer [ 1 Answers ]

I was wanting to install a receiver on the back of my travel trailer (camper) I have seen this on a few, but do they have them custom made or what. The distance between frame rails is too far for a standard receiver hitch that you would put on a car or truck.

Refund amount for standard deduction? [ 1 Answers ]

1) Okay, again so how much "more" (on top of my usual refund) would my tax refund be if I used the standard deduction amount for my personal (material) donations, and if I'm in the 28% tax bracket? 2) So WHAT WOULD BE THE APPROXIMATE AMOUNT OF MY REFUND for a single individual if I used the...

Refund amount for standard deduction? [ 1 Answers ]

1) What is the standard deduction amount? 2) How much "more" (on top of my usual refund) would my tax refund be if I used the standard deduction amount for my personal (material) donations, and if I'm in the 28% tax bracket? Thanks.

Deposit on Horse Trailer dealer sold it [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I live in New York State. On April 1st. I put an $1800. Deposit on a horse trailer with the full purchase price being $4750. The trailer was at a body shop having some warranty work done on it. I was given until April 15th to pay for the trailer and pick it up. I contacted the dealer on April...

Having trouble ordering Pay Per View through DirectTV since ordering Yahoo dsl [ 1 Answers ]

Recently, I started using yahoo's DSL service. In my home, on all my tv's, I use wireless phone jacks so I can order PayPerView. I used all the phone filters, even on the tranmitter base for the wireless phone jack. I am still unable to order PPV through direct TV unless I physically call them...

View more questions Search