Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 06:54 AM
    Dog Versus Foam Paint roller
    OK, my pup (hes 10 months old now, wow how time has flown by) decided for some reason out of the blue to demolish a foam paint roller insert not yesterday but the day before (while we were out checking coyote snares) he ate about half of it by the looks of it. Not a large paint roller insert. One of the small ones. Now I went around the camp and picked up all the pieces I could find. Which were mostly the hard plastic on the inside of the roller. Now yesterday he seemed to have a bit of a problem using the washroom. And it wasn't solid it was a but runny. (hes also been drinking a lot of water, well not a lot but a lot at one time lol) then this morning at 1 am he used the bathroom on the floor in the house, which is not like him. Yet again it was runny, and he also used the washroom at 6 am this morning outside.. same deal.. runny, not solid. I'm plumb broke, no job (I got replaced, after being sick for two days with bronchitis and getting a dr note but we won't talk about that... ) and can't afford a vet right now. Do you think I should just keep an eye on him, to see if he passes it or is there something I should/can do here is a pic of what he ate...

mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 08:41 AM

Tsks tsks at Ryu... Auntie is not happy with you little boy. No advice for you but please keep us updated on how he is doing. Wonders if it is the breed as Owen has been caught eating (and pooping Kudos little play mice).
    I am sure one of the more knowledgeable ones will come on and give good advice.

Love Auntie Susan
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 08:51 AM

I know auntie, he just has to misbehave when no ones around lol... I know pups tend to chew things... I was hoping to hear from someone before I had to go, I'm at geoff's mom's place on her net. If someone does answer and I'm not online would you copy and paste and send it to my fb inbox?
    Dogs Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 08:53 AM

I will let you know asap for sure.
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 08:57 AM

Thanks a ton auntie I love you
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2011, 10:56 AM

I'm a little confused... did he eat the foam part or the hard plastic part that the foam goes on?
    Winston once ate a sponge and they induced vomiting and then pieced all the pieces together (like a puzzle) before he was allowed to go home, but I brought him him same day.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 01:28 PM

Dogs stomach's are designed to withstand an amazing amount of crap. As long as his BM's are on the norm, no vomitting and he is eating and drinking he should be fine. Of course with things like this the MOST important thing to watch is for BM's. The first few might be runny and goopey, but if they are not back to the normal firmness they should be with in 48 hours, I would call your vet. Of course if he shows ANY signs of discomfort or retching I would make that phone call asap.

Most dogs just chew and destroy, but some do swallow their "prey", have you noticed any foam bits in his feces?
    Dogs Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 01:29 PM

Oh, and the most important question of all is, was the roller used?
    Dogs Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 06:40 PM

Binx texted me and said that Ryu had pooped out all of the roller foam and is doing well. I am posting this as I am unsure of when she will have access to the net next.

Susan
    Dogs Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 06:47 PM

Thanks for updating us.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2011, 09:37 AM

Thanks for updating for me auntie.. Yes he pooped it all out.. in one big chunk. He was iffy for a few days... bm was all yuck n runny. Once he passed it he was fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Out feed table saw PVC roller stand roller encaps [ 0 Answers ]

Some time ago I saw a set of fold up table rollers for use with table saw. These rollers were from 2in PVC pipe with molded end caps inserted into each end with a center pin into which each roller was inserted into oak rails. Thanks much, Wilson

Is there any reason to paint the ceiling with paint when the white primer looks good? [ 4 Answers ]

I just finished putting up new drywall and sprayed a white primer on the ceiling - 2 coats. The ceiling looks good and I'm trying to decide if I really need to paint the ceiling now or can I just leave the primer as it is?

What prep work is needed to change from oilbase paint to waterbase paint? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything I need to do to prep my kitchen from oilbase paint to water base paint ?

Paint Roller left FUZZ on the wall and now it dried [ 2 Answers ]

So I have a very expensive high quality roller and it left a LOT of fuzz on the wall.. unfortunately I didn't see it until after the paint dried. What can I do? I was thinking of just going over it with a very thick primer and then repainting.. will this work? I learned after the fact how...

How do I know which Roller to fix? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a squeaky dryer, someone told me to change the roller. How do I know where the roller is or what kind of roller I need?

View more questions Search