Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalaagirl Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Jan 11, 2011, 06:37 AM
    I get so jealous and possessive
    My ex and I are getting back together but I keep putting it off because I've become so possessive over him and I don't want that negative energy to be a part of out relationship
    He used to go to an all boys school but now he's in uni there are obviously girls. He's become close to a very pretty girl he says she's attractive but that she's not even close to how attractive I am :/
    She has a boyfriend (they started going out in the beginning of the year) but she was flirting with my ex at the same time he told her about me and how he wants to get back together with me she stopped talking to him for a short period and just made awkward conversation
    They started talking properly again not much texting just in person as they share the same classes
    I can't help but get jealous because she is the same religion as him and the way he talks about her is so much more different than he's ever talked about any of his other friends who were girls
    The worst part is whenever he justifies why he'll never be with her he immediately says because she has a boyfriend not because he wants to be with me :(
    I don't know what to do :(
    LoNeLy_HeArT Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 06:46 AM
    Hmmm well lolzmy boyfriend used to be like that and he used to talk to many girls and last thing he started to talk about my best friend in a different way but latly I found that he doesn't loves me anymore and he loves my friend so you better leave him and move on because even if she has boyfirned she still can leave her boyfriend and if when he talked to her about you she stopped talking to him that means she wants him so don't try to get back to him or if you want tell him to don't talk to her and leave her if her really loves you he would do it

Jan 11, 2011, 06:52 AM
    He said if he wants he will stop talking to her
    But I know that it may make the situation worse because humans are always most attracted to what they can't have!

Jan 11, 2011, 06:52 AM
    Comment on LoNeLy_HeArT's post
    He said if he wants he will stop talking to her
    But I know that it may make the situation worse because humans are always most attracted to what they can't have!

Jan 11, 2011, 07:10 AM
    Well trust me if she likes him that thing will be the worst thing because she might knows a way to take him from you trust me you don't know that kind of girls I know them because it happens to meeeee and its up to u

Jan 11, 2011, 07:44 AM
    I totally agree she definitely has the power to take him away from me
    But should I throw away my relationship because I'm scared of what she can do
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaagirl View Post
    i totally agree she definitely has the power to take him away from me
    but should i throw away my relationship cos i'm scared of what she can do
    Your scared because your letting yourself be scared. Step up to the plate and be the loving girlfriend he wants and deserves. Your causing your own misery stepping back and being jealous and cautious. If you want to be with him then do it and make it work. If your meant to be with him then befriend her also hang out as couples. Your giving up before your even trying. At least if you give this a shot and he does end up with her you then know the truth. If you sit back and watch from a distance you may lose your chance at happiness. That choice is yours.

Jan 11, 2011, 08:09 AM
    Well don't be try to make him your own and not one1 else don't let him go if you really love him and he loves you back its so up to u... u r the only one who can get everything solve

Jan 11, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Comment on 88sunflower's post
    Thank you
    Also she invited me to a double date with her and her boyfriend
    I can see it being very awkward because all 3 know each other and go to the same university
    What are your thoughts?
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 08:21 AM
    Its only awkward because your making it that way. I say go for it. Who is to say you won't have the best time ever? So what if they go to the same university. They are friends at the same school its not a big deal.

I have a question. Are you jealous because she is so pretty? Are you feeling threatened? Gain some confidence and go have fun.

Jan 11, 2011, 08:35 AM
    I don't think its so much the fact that she's pretty but I mean there is a much prettier girl in his class also which all the boys drool over!
    I mostly feel threatened by her personality and how well they get along with each other, personality can win someone's heart over in my opinion
    The fact that he just thinks she's pretty is just another annoying thing
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 08:46 AM
    personality can win someone's heart over in my opinion
    the fact that he just thinks she's pretty is just another annoying thing
    See you are destroying this yourself. I fully agree personality can win someone over. But why is it annoying that he thinks she is pretty? Is it that big of a deal that he thinks that? Do you not see guys you think are good looking? Attraction between humans is natural and not a big issue. Its how you personally handle it that's the issue. So what. Period. She is a gorgeous girl with an outstanding personality. What are you going to do about it? Don't do this to yourself. I am sure you have several qualities that out shine her. Your just being far to hard on this entire situation. I say you do one of two things. You either snap out of this and accept it for what it is and possibly she could be your next best friend. Or you forget them all and move on and try to be happy. You truly seem like your making yourself crazy over this and its not worth it. Truly its not. You need to give her and the friendships a chance then you can sit back and judge all you want.

Jan 11, 2011, 08:52 AM
    It must be a lifetime of rejection that's made me become like this

Do I have to try make friends with her? :/
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 09:02 AM
    it must be a lifetime of rejection that's made me become like this
    Then I suggest its time to try and change. Do you like these feelings? Do you want to live this way the rest of your life with so much negativity? Rejection is a part of life. It's the way it is and you can't avoid it. You can either choose to live with it in the way your are or you can learn from it and move on. I don't know how old you are but rejection will happen over and over in your life. It's a good time now to learn from it. Sometimes it can be a good thing.

Do you have to try and be her friend? Absolutely not. But lets say your all out and you see she is laughing and funny and everyone is laughing with her. Are you going to sit and snarl in a jealous rage or are you going to play along with the fun? You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. But you could be passing up a great friendship also if you don't try. That doesn't mean try once with this attitude and not do it again. That means you go and do it and make the best of it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 09:14 AM

You cannot have any fun with others, and be fun yourself to others, as long as you are afraid of being rejected. Rejection is seldom about you, but more about the person that rejected you, so the trick is, DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY. Now relax, and enjoy what you do have, and keep it real will you!

Have fun, be fun, and don't worry about it. We get rejected, and reject all the time in real life. Have you never said NO Thanks before to someone who wanted something of you??

Jan 11, 2011, 09:15 AM
    No I hate these feelings!
    Everyone says move on but how exactly do you do that?
    Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 09:16 AM
    do i have to try make friends with her? :/
    That would be a great start in overcoming your own fear. Why would you NOT make friends with her?
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 09:18 AM
    no i hate these feelings!
    everyone says move on but how exactly do you do that?
    You just do it. You focus and go on. Forward. Uphill. Be happy.

Jan 11, 2011, 09:18 AM
    I have no interest whatsoever to be her friend, I have so many lovely people in my life
    Maybe if I get desperate I'll be her friend haha
    Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 09:19 AM

You are driving me crazy misusing the comment to this post feature instead of scrolling further and giving your input and feedback in the answer ask box!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Boyfriend is jealous, possessive, and emotional, what should I do? [ 20 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for about a 2 years now, it started so amazing, I fell in love with him in no time, but since we met, a lot of problems have come up. His jealousy and possessive nature comes through in a lot of ways. He has become very angry at me for wearing v neck shirts or anything...

Why am I so jealous and possessive? [ 10 Answers ]

I am extremely jealous whenever my boyfriend talks to other girls that I don't know, or even some that I do know, and like. I am also constantly worrying that I am not attractive enough for him, or at least not anymore. I have gained a lot of weight since we first knew each other, but every time I...

How do I stop being jealous? Is this being jealous? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend sent messages to guys do I have the right to be jealous? And when I ask her she make it out of fight saying I do not trust her. What is it?

Am I Possessive? [ 17 Answers ]

I don't like it when my girlfriend dances with other guys when she goes out, and I tell her that it makes me feel uncomfortable. She wants to compromise on this issue but I don't see how it's possible... I just don't like it. Am I wrong to tell her that it makes me feel uncomfortable and I don't...

View more questions Search