Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    logansmommy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 11:17 PM
    Grrr so stuck
    My g-g grand mother wa Cora Bickers I knew she was born 1882 and she married george wainscott on 1898 her father was John Bickers and her mother was Alice Sebree of Ky but I can't find anthing but an obituary that links them how or what should I do?
    GeneGenie Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Jan 13, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Who's obituary is it you found? I don't understand what exactly you're looking for. It is basically just that you're looking for more info on John Bickers & Alice Sebree?

If so, have you found them in the 1880 census yet?

Also, see items 3-8 here for some other good places to look.

PS - I see other researchers who are researching this family.

Go here and type Bickers in the surname field and sebree in the spouse field.

And here.

I see they were in Fayette KY, so check out the few genealogical links in the search list here too.

Jan 13, 2007, 09:47 AM
    I have Cora Bickers obituary that list J C Bickers and Alice Sebree but I have not found any one who has her listed as a child.

I have looked on all those web page and no one has Cora bickers and I can't find a whole lot about her until she married george wainscott
    GeneGenie Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Jan 15, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Are you doubting the obituary then?

It's a bummer that we cannot rely on the 1890 Census to verify the family members (the 1890 Census is lost), so that leaves us with only birth records to go on.

If it were me I'd do a thorough searching of the following sites:
    USGenweb for KY
    USGenweb archives (KY)
    And if you can narrow down what county in KY she was born in, contact the Genealogical Society for that county to ask if birth records for 1882 are available. Here's a list of the KY County Genealogical Societies:
    KyGenWeb Societies

Jan 18, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Okay thanks a bunch I hate brick walls cora is the one reason I took a break from genealy and didn't touch it for like 2 years
    kpegelow Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Jun 4, 2009, 10:28 PM

They are listed on Ancestry.com and the person listing them has several family photos. Grandmother is Missouri Alice Seebree Birth: 20 Apr 1859
    Owen, Kentucky
    Death: 1 Jul 1930
    Kenton, Kentucky

John: John C Breckenridge Bickers
    Birth: 17 Sep 1856
    Grant, Kentucky
    Death: 13 Dec 1937
    Fayette, Kentucky

Cora:
    Cora B Bickers
    Birth: Jun 1882
    Kentucky
    Death: 3 Jun 1954
    Grant, Kentucky

There are at least 5 researchers working on this family line on Ancestry.com.
    Kentucky Death Index, 1911-2000
    About Cora B Wainscott
    Name: Cora B Wainscott
    Death Date: 3 Jun 1954
    Death Place: Grant
    Residence: Grant
    Volume: 23
    Certificate: 11189

Source Information: ancestry.com, accessed 6/12/2007
    Commonwealth of Kentucky, Health Data Branch, Divisision of Epidemiology and Health Planning, comp.. Kentucky Death Index, 1911-2000 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc. 2000. Original data: Commonwealth of Kentucky, Health Data Branch, Divisision of Epidemiology and Health Planning. Kentucky Death Index, 1911-present. Frankfort, KY, USA: Kentucky Department of Information Systems.

Sources:
    Author: U.S. Government
    Title: 1930 Grant County, Kentucky Census (ancestry.com)
    Repository:
    Name: ancestry.com

Note:
    Source Medium: Census

Text: Cordova Precinct Census taken April 7, 1930 [written in side margin - JHM] Fork Lick Road Dwelling 39 Family 40 Wainscott, George W. Head M W 45 M21 KY KY KY Farmer General Farm , Cora Wife F W 42 M 18 KY KY KY , Catharine W F 15 S KY KY KY
    Title: 1920 Grant County, Kentucky Census (ancestry.com)
    Repository:

Text: Corinth Precinct Census taken January 6, 1920 [written in side margin - JHM] Dwelling 108 Family 94 Wainscott, George Head M W 47 M KY KY KY Farmer General Farm , Cora Wife F W 39 M KY KY KY , Zella Daughter F W 12 S KY KY KY , Maggie Daughter F W 10 S KY KY KY , Catherine Daughter F W 5 S KY KY KY
    Title: 1910 Owen County, Kentucky Census (ancestry.com)
    Repository:

Note:

Text: Lusby's Mill Census taken April 29, 1910 Dwelling 166 Family 167 Wainscott, George Head M W 31 M1 11 KY KY KY Farm Laborer Woking out , Cora Wife F W 28 M1 11 5 4 KY KY KY , Laura Daugter F W 8 S KY KY KY , Luther Son M W 6 S KY KY KY , Zella Daughter F W 2 S KY KY KY , Maggie Daughter F W 10/12 S KY KY KY
    Title: 1900 Grant County, Kentucky Census (ancestry.com)
    Repository:

Note:

Text: Corinth Precinct Census taken June 6, 1900 Dwelling 101 Family 101 Wainscott, George Head W M July 1873 26 M 2 KY KY KY Farmer , Cora Wife F W June 1882 17 M 2 1 1 KY KY KY , Clide G. Son W M Sept 1899 8/12 S IN KY KY

One researcher is [email protected]. Don't know if this is a current contact info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck [ 11 Answers ]

I have no idea what to do any more. The man I live with is a drug addict, abusive and just plain cruel. I've tried the shelters but their full. Also, you have to have a police referral. But that's a joke. Every time they come out, they make him go downstairs. They took pictures of my face and neck...

Stuck On You [ 1 Answers ]

At the end of the Farrelly brother's movie, Stuck On You, Walt (played by Greg Kinnear) sings a song during the Bonnie and Clyde musical. I have searched the internet, and cannot find an answer. Anyone know the name/original composer of the song? Thanks!

I'm so stuck [ 4 Answers ]

Hiya everybody Rite well lately my boyfriend has been so off with me its unbeliveable. I'm 15 he is 16 I had sex with him about 1 month and 2 weeks ago when we first got together then about 1 hour I found out my best mate sleped around his house with my boyfriend best mate. I felt really used and...

Stuck- [ 1 Answers ]

A horizontal rifle is fired at a bull's eye. The muzzle speed of the bullet = 670 m/s. Barrell is pointed directly at the center of the bull's eye- the bullet hits the target 0.025 m below the center. What is the horizontal distance between the end of the rifle and the bull's eye? I need a...

View more questions Search