Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monetcliche Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Double feature VHS from late 80s/early 90s?
    Okay, for the longest time I've been trying to find a VHS from when I was a kid in the late 80s/early 90s. The VHS had two movies on it, the first was an adaptation of The Little Mermaid, possibly before the Disney version. Anyway, it had odd animation, like it was almost assembled with tin foil. The second feature is the one that is truly bugging me because I can't remember what it was called. I remember very little about it, except this: it was about birds who either picked flecks of gold off a statue, or put them on. My mother didn't really remember much either, but said that the birds were sad.

I also vaguely remember the statue having ruby eyes (possibly emerald? Red's a little frightening for eye color), and the statue telling a dove to take one to remember. MAYBE. I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway... I really hope someone can help me with this.
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2008, 01:51 PM

Your second movie is probably the 1974 version of Wilde's The Happy Prince, voiced by Christopher Plummer and Glynis Johns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80s/Early 90s Morning TV Show Name.. [ 7 Answers ]

At the beginning of the show a train would come out of the clouds and float down to the ground and out would come a bunch of animals. They were members of a circus. It was actual people in animal costumes. The one I remember the best is a cat that I think was an acrobat. She would wear like a pink...

Yet Another late 80s early 90s title question... [ 2 Answers ]

This one was a movie where a girl and I believe her father wind up stranded at a strange trailer park in the desert because their car breaks down or something of the sort. The teenage girl befriends a couple of guys, one who is a "bad boy" type and one is sort of nerdy. I remember the nerd had a...

Children/Fantasy Movie from the late 80s early 90s [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to find this one movie that I used to watch when I was like three. I don't remember much but I'm pretty sure its is from the early 90s. It starts with a boy on his front stoop in a city. And he finds out that his dad was a king or prince of some fantasy land. Im pretty sure his dad gets...

Obscure late 80s or early 90s help [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea what this movie or perhaps TV show, but I have this vivid memory of watching something, I don't remember much but this is what I do remember. It was about a little boy, he is at his home and a man delivers this large canister to his house, he gets into the canister, this canister is...

Kid Travels to Space - Late 80s/Early 90s [ 3 Answers ]

When I was growing up, my sister and I loved a movie where a kid traveled to space on a spaceship and I seem to recall him coming home and having to live in a lab and people monitered him. I can't think of the title for the life of me and would really love to see the movie again. I know I haven't...

View more questions Search