Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dayslug24 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Jan 10, 2011, 10:56 AM
    Water supply lines in concrete subfloor - can u do this?
    I would like to turn half bath on first floor (multi level home) into full bath, but that part of house sits on concrete subfloor. The main stack would be easy to tap from the new tub area, just have to trench 5 feet of concrete floor. Can I also run water supply lines in the trench(under re-poured concrete) to the tub, and if so, copper or pex? Running lines on one wall is not an option because it is exterior, the opposite wall has the doorway opening and going overhead and back down seems stupid. Any input?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 11:02 AM

I still like the overhead and back down option. Because it still allows acess to the pipes if anything should happen. Burry it in concrete then anything becomes a major task down the road.

Just my 2 cents.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 11:16 AM
    I think Smoothy's 2 cents is worth a lot more. Leaks in a floor, particularly if under a tub are $$$$$ repairs. You already have water to a sink and toilet, can't you tap off that line?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 12:23 PM

Hi dayslug...

It's unanimous, go above ground and use PEX... can't go wrong with this setup!

If you will be installing home runs back to a PEX manifold use 1/2" pex to everything. If you are going to be branching off a main line to each fixture run 3/4" PEX and then branch off with 1/2" to each fixture.

Mark

Jan 10, 2011, 06:47 PM
    You guys are going to make me rip out even more perfectly good drywall to run these.(haha)
    Thanks for the advice, all!
    correo300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2011, 03:22 PM
    Hello there, I.m new at this website, I was just reading about the garage door chain to belt conversion post of yours and was wondering how dificult was it to make the switch to you since I.m planning on it.

I have a liftmaster garage door opener and don't know what other parts I will need for the job besides the belt and 2 pulleys.

I will appreciate all of your time and help, if possible.

Regards,

Old Ed
    e.mail
    [email protected]
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 10, 2011, 03:33 PM

Sorry old ed but you need to start your own thread rather than tapping onto someone's old one. Look at the top of the page, see the ASK? Type your new question there. PS never seen a conversion kit for what you want to do. Consult Liftmasters website for more info, its made by Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Accessories from Chamberlain LiftMaster

Apr 11, 2011, 12:19 PM

Correo300 -I went with a chamberlain whisper drive(belt) which replaced an old crasftman chain drive. The new opener came with new trolley and drive, so there was nothing extra I had to get. Simply remove the old setup and install the new, the link bracket to the garage door will be the same. I had originally thought that the new opener would only come with just the drive motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LG water supply lines [ 4 Answers ]

Instructions for replacing LG water supply lines

Clog in water supply lines after replacing section at main municipal supply... [ 1 Answers ]

I had an exposed water supply line that ran from the city inlet to my house. It was old and rusty so we decided to replace it with a PEX pvc piping. It's the same dia. (3/4") and we replace the one 90 elbow with a 45 instead. When we turned the water back on, it had no pressure, and after my...

Water softener resin clogging water supply lines [ 1 Answers ]

We have a water softener that has a resin filter that has broken numerous times due to surges in water pressure. This time we didn't realize it had broken in time to bypass the softener and avoid getting resin in the lines again. We've already flushed the resin out of the 2 toilets and 2 sinks...

Connecting Copper Supply Lines to Brass Supply Lines [ 3 Answers ]

I have just started remodeling my kitchen and am looking to move my kitchen sink further down the wall. The kitchen is completely gutted at this point. The supply lines in my house are all brass. I'm looking to stem off the brass lines using copper tubing. Is it possible to cut the brass supply...

Water supply lines [ 3 Answers ]

After how many years should toilet, sink, washing machine, fill lines be replaced ?

View more questions Search