Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wednesdayowl Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 05:42 AM
    Tracing old foster care records
    27 years ago my girlfriend left me taking our baby daughter with her. I never saw either of them again and I turned to drugs to help deal with the loss. My life was a mess. I have recently been diagnosed with brain damage which I was probably born with. Last week my daughter contacted me on Facebook and gave me a load of abuse for putting her in care, dumping her mum and basically destroying her life. She seems to think I never wanted her and blames me for everything. I tried telling her that her mum has been lying to her but she refuses to believe me and says I am responsible for the horrible life she had. Apparently she was put into care soon after her mum left and spent most of her life in the care system. I did a bit of research and found her mum didn't just leave me, she left with someone I vaguely knew and she had been having an affair with him for a long time. He didn't want a baby and my girlfriend chose him over her. I need to find proof that it was not me who had her taken into care. She believes everything her mum has told her. How can I find the information I need?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 05:58 AM

Wednesday, read with interest and hope you get this settled to your satisfaction and your daughter. I am assuming you are from the UK, Sheffield would be first guess.

If so, Foster care records are probably handled much the same way they are here in Canada and I suggest you contact the agency closest to the area where this might have happened. Foster care records may not be closed as adoption records are. You may need a solicitor to give you better direction, and to grease the wheel so to speak.

Tick
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2011, 11:16 AM

Without knowing a LOCATION they are impossible to find.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Access to foster care records 1939 [ 3 Answers ]

My father was fostered in 1939, separately from his brother. I would like to trace his brother and would like to know if it's possible to access foster records?

Foster care records [ 1 Answers ]

I am the same I want to now why I was put in foster and moved around I'm 20 like and I need to close the case on what happed how can we get them

Tracking my foster care records/history [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found out that I was in foster care as a small child. (I remember living with strangers in different houses, but always thought that they were family friends who cared for me during my parent's separation... denial is crazy! ) Anyway, I would like to find out how I ended up there,...

Foster Care Records [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I need some help please. I am in the process of writing a book about my life and experience in Foster Care as a child. I want this book to be as close to the truth (without hurting some family members) as I can get it. I was in foster care from the age of 8 to 18 and I want to know...

View more questions Search