Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pjbrezie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Co.'s Insist on requiring home phone #.. .
    I am in dire need of an answer. I do not have a home telephone. I want to order online - yet they insist on me entering a telephone number. What do I insert in those l0 spaces if I don't have a phone? It is the only way the sites will let me proceed with my orders.
    Can anyone help me? :confused: Much Thanks!
    mouzer Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Jan 12, 2007, 05:31 PM
    I would just try to go to a local K-Mart or Walmart or something... some of the phones there are junk to most people but I buy them and they isn't bad. Sometimes they're better than the most expensive phones there!

Jan 14, 2007, 08:22 AM
    I do not want to get a phone at the current time. I cannot afford one. How do you order anything online if you MUST enter a telephone number? There must be a way to do it.
    Please - anyone - any advice?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Hello a lot of people don't have a home phone, only use a cell phone, I did away with my home phone years ago, until I started having to have a fax and security system in my home.

So when asked for a home phone, I give them my cell number, they have a phone number, and they are happy.

Jan 15, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Hi! Thanks for getting back to me on my problem, I really appreciate it. We currently use the internet only - no land-phone, no cell phone and it will probably be this way until spring. When people really do not have any phone at all, what do they enter when ordering online so that they may proceed with their order? There must be a way to do it.? Thanking anyone in advance!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Usually an online company only wants a phone number in case they are unable to deliver a package or something of that nature. Ask a friend if it would be okay to use their number for that purpose until you are able to get a phone of your own.

Make sure to uncheck any boxes that make it okay for a company to contact you for any other reason, though!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 27, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Don't know if 000 000 0000 will work. If not, enter friends phone number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord requiring cable in Indiana [ 1 Answers ]

I recently received a notice from my landlord saying that cable television would be installed in all apartments and tenants would be required to pay $31/month for the service. I don't have cable right now, and I don't want it. Can my landlord force me to pay for it?

How to record phone conversations from phone to PC? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there an inexpensive way to record phone conversations directly to PC using the earphone or headset jack port on the phone to either microphone line in port or USB port on PC? Does it also require special software? Here's what I want to do: My friend and I want to record our phone...

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

Stolen phone - am I stuck with phone charges? [ 3 Answers ]

My cell phone was stolen recently and the guy who stole it called all over the place, adding about $175 in phone charges to our phone bill. I reported it stolen to Qwest, but they say the charges are still my responsibility. I am planning to refute the bill, but I don't know the correct...

Employer is requiring us to be on the job 5 minutes early [ 9 Answers ]

Is it legal practice to have an employer require you to be on the job 5 minutes early? If they require it, should they not pay us for it? They are threatening to write us up if we fail to do so. We are in a union shop, but the elected union officials have absolutely NO idea what is going on. My...

View more questions Search