Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    networdude Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Briggs & Stratton 15hp runs rough at high speed.
    I have a tractor mover with a Briggs & Stratton 15hp, it runs good at lowest speed only, unless I put it at full speed and full choke, it backfire out the muffler and shuts down at any other speed.

I ran through the carb, seems clean unless I missed something, the float was stuck and it would not start when I first worked on it, It was setting a long time in a garage with gas and oil in it, when I started working the gas was gone.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 12:34 AM
    Carb can look clean... but the passages can be clogged... I'd recommend getting a rebuild kit, tearing the carb down, soaking it in carb cleaner overnight and blowing all holes out with compressed air.
    Notenoughtractors Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Take the carb back apart and soak in carb cleaner to remove varnish. Check the position of the float. On briggs it should be parallel to the base when the carb is inverted. This is important .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & Stratton 16.5 OHV [ 19 Answers ]

I have a B&S 16.5 OHV MTD Yardman that will not turn over even though the starter and battery are OK. It will turn to a point and then stops. If I remove the spark plug it turns freely like it should. I know that removes the pressure in the cylinder but I don't know what could cause it to bind...

Briggs & stratton 12.5 [ 8 Answers ]

My husband has an MTD with a b and s 12.5. It has run weill with some babying for a while, now. One day he was running ti and he heard a loud POP , and that was the end. It has new solenoid, starter, bettery and a few other things . The key is it is GETTING gas into the bowl, but not going ...

18.5 briggs & stratton smoking [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how much oil as in ounces it takes to fill it so I don't over fill as it says nothing in the owners manual? Thanks

Briggs &stratton 15 hp. [ 1 Answers ]

The other day this engine just quit and I had no spark from the coil. It has the electronic ignition so I cleaned everything under the flywheel and put it back thinking that this must be the problem but no. There is a small wire that goes to the coil and when I pull it off it will fire. I found two...

Briggs & stratton 16hp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Cub Cadet which had a 16hp BS motor with points. It went bad so I found another 16hp BS that does not have points, it has the magnetron ignition. I am having trouble getting it to fire, is there something that I need to change to the wiring to make it fire. The magnetron engine came...

View more questions Search