Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confused1238 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 02:11 PM
    Do higher volumes of substances require higher temperatures to melt?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 02:48 PM

No but it will require more time. The melting point of a substance is fairly set but bigger volumes require more time for the outter shell to melt allowing heat to reach the core areas
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 10:48 AM

That is to say, if the same amount of heat per unit time is applied to different volumes of the same substance :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

We Couldn't Get Much Higher [ 4 Answers ]

Here is one of my ultimate favorite videos on the Amerian pill popping populace. I love the very end where the guy talks extremely fast. http://www.cafeoflifepikespeak.com/Videos/Licensed%20To%20Pill.swf If you don't laugh at this... then you truly have no sense of humor...

Higher studies [ 1 Answers ]

I want to do MBA in course,as am working as software engineer,I want to do MBA for my higher studies in course,I have a doute which stream in MBA is best suite for my career. Regards, ...

Higher studies [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, Am doing my bachelor degree in Biotechnology (B.Tech) And willing to do my higher studies in UK. I need to know top 10 universities offering MS Biotechnology with scholarship facilities Help me...

Why is C++ useful in higher education? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Most postgraduates in business school are required to study C++. Why is that useful? How can it be applied to the problems of finance? Thanks a lot!

A Higher Standard [ 7 Answers ]

My friends and I do a bunch of reading of inspirational materials. Here's one a friend sent to me that I think its particularly powerful. Most of my life I've been a closet slob.... Then I got married.... I enrolled in a twelve-step program for slobs. ("My name is Max, I hate to vacuum.") A...

View more questions Search