Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jawatkins Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Sears Gas blower will not speed up
    Hi, I live in Houston,TX were we use our lawn equipment all year round.
    I have a 4yr old 32cc Sears gas blower that has served me well, but now it will not speed up even with a new carburetor. Every time I tried to throttle up it dies. I checked the spark plug and it's good, and knowing it's not much to 2cycle engines, I don't know what it could be, besides a bad carburetor. I ordered a new one which is not adjustable and it did the same thing.
    Some years back Sears discontinued all their field techs for lawn equipment in the Houston market. If you want service you have to send your equipment to Dallas. I spoke with customer service in Dallas asking if I could talk to a tech and toubleshoot my problem. Bottom line, they wanted me to send my blower to them. I am thinking maybe the new carburetor is bad and I will send it back for an exchange. But before I do that, I sayed let's search for a repair website, and I found you. Can you Help?

I thank you in advance for your assistance
    James Watkins
    kmac1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2007, 04:41 PM
    I've had this problem with 2 cycles before and most of the time it's a plugged exhaust. Take the muffler off and see if the port is plugged with carbon. After that you might check to see if you are mixing your fuel to the right ratio. Too rich a mixture will cause too much oil to foul the plug and stop up the exhaust.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2007, 11:54 PM
    Ahhh it does sound like the exhaust (and will cause this problem) and they have what they call a spark arrestor screen... usually the port is fine, it's the screen or muffler that needs cleaning... most will set them on fire in they're bbq grill to clean them safely... I just throw away the spark arrestor screen...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older Sears Kennmore gas furnace [ 7 Answers ]

I have an older Sears Kennmore furnace, I'm guessing early 80's. Model # 867.763334 Furnace works great but intermittently does not work. When not working, only when I turn the power off and back on to the furnace will it work. Happens 3 times a week. Any ideas?

Sears Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer mod.110.70092991 [ 6 Answers ]

My 3-yr.old Kenmore Elite Gas dryer has been doing very odd things! After running a load, when the dryer shuts off, or I shut it off (clear it), the touch control panel goes dead. No lights are lit. If you push the touch pad for various cycles it will not do anything. You can also push...

Need sears gas dryer wiring schematic [ 1 Answers ]

Hello people. Does anyone on here have a wiring diagram for a sears mod. # 11073912100 gas dryer? I'd be happy for any sears gas dryer diagram just to gain the basic wiring/function of the various controls. Thanks in advance.

High Speed Blower motor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Pulse 21 gas single zone forced air furnace. The blower motor is supposed to have 3 speeds. Right now everything works but when I turn on my AC the blower uses the same speed that it does for heat. Could there be something wrong or do I just need to rewire something?

Blower Speed [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Las Vegas and my Electricity bill KILLS me in the summer months. I have talked with other people in my neighborhood with the same model home and my bill is double theirs. I tried to get the builder out here to look at my AC, and of course they do not respond. I am trying to find ways to...

View more questions Search