Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fwhayes127 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 08:23 AM
    Trane heat pump fan continues to run when temp set is reached shuts off if lowr temp
    When on heat and temp set is reached the fan continues to run cold air. Fan will shut off if temp set is lowered 2 degrees. Heat pump is Trane, thermostat is digital white rogers . A similar system, less BTU, shuts off when temp reached.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioner continues to run long hours after reaching set temp [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a brand new house with brand new American Standard air conditioner. It seems that when I try to set a lower temperature than the current temp, say, current is 78, and I set it to 76, then it started to run for somewhat long time to reach the set temp of 76, usually it needs an hour...

Heat pump won't stop running once desired temp reached [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Lennox heat pump with a standard (non-programmable) Honeywell thermostat. Last weekend we didn't have any heat, no fan, nothing. My cousin who does commercial heating/air conditioning install & repair replaced the old programmable thermostat with the a new, standard Honeywell...

Furnace continues to heat after set temp [ 6 Answers ]

My furnace will continue to run even though my set temp has been reached. For instance I set the thermostat at 68 and I get 75. I end up shutting the furnace off to avoid wasting oil and sweating to death. It does not run constantly but fires off and on.

Heat not kicking on until the temp dips below 64 degrees, target temp set to 72 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time posting here, but I figured it was a good place to start for some advice. I just bought a new townhouse a few weeks ago and have been having some heating issues since moving in. The actual furnace (Goodman GMS 8045) was installed in June of '06 while the unit was...

I set the temp, heat kicks on for 30 seconds, then shuts off [ 5 Answers ]

I know next to zilch when it comes to my heating and air system, so that's why I'm kind of led to believe this may be something simple. We have natural gas heat for our home. Lately, it's been a little cooler in the day so I've set the thermostat for about 73 degrees and switched the system over...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.