Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oowens74 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Tooth Extraction in a 3 Yr Old
    Okay, my son's front tooth is kind of loosen (or least when I wiggle it). He does not complain of any pain, but the tooth is getting darker (like a brownish color). We have an Dentist Appt. already made, but my concern is will the Dentist want to extract the tooth?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 08:11 PM
    He might.

Kids lose all their baby teeth.

Nothing so weird about that.

Is there a reason you don't want this tooth removed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 09:18 PM
    Yes, while they don't normally lose teeth this early, that tooth and the others will come out anyway.

Now it is important to find out why this is happening and solve the issue with his teeth, ( bushing, gun problem, infection, habit biting objects or what)

But I would also add why any concern over baby teeth and then the dentist will have to do whathe has to do and what is best for the child and his dental health
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Did his teeth come in early as a baby?

And yes, he may have a pretty smile, my daughter did too, but when they lose the teeth and you have pictures, they sure are fun to look back at!! My daughter loves to look at hers now!!

Jan 15, 2007, 07:31 AM
    This will not be a normal lost of the tooth. It may need to be pulled because of nerve damage, etc. It's brownish and gradually changing. It's also kind of loosen too!
    I would like to save the tooth and possibly correct the discoloration.

Concern Mother
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Well, at this point I believe that the tooth is probably dead, that is why it changed color. That is what happened to my daughter. Her dentist at the time felt it was best to leave it in there as a dead tooth does not do any damage like a cavity would. It fell out on its own when she was about 4 1/2 or 5 and the permanent tooth grew in as white and beautiful as can be!!

I hope it all works out for you.

Jan 15, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Aww, if the dentist opts to leave it in, that would be great! I honestly believe there is some sort of nerve damage due to the discoloration. If it falls out around 4 or 5 that would be even better. I already feel bad that he fell at home while in my care, and for him to lose a tooth would really make me (mommy) feel even worse. Thank you so much for you input. This has really put an ease to my anxiousness to get this issue resolved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extraction [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I went to the dentist the other day and was told I need to have an extraction done. I was given antibiotics and have taken them. I don't have any pain yet but do have swelling gums. I have an appointment in a month (earliest I could get in). Will the infection come back in this time or has it...

Tooth.. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any activities that is not allowed if u just went ot the dentist to pull your teeth?

Total tooth extraction [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 43. Yesterday she had all her teeth pulled and new ones Put in. She did OK until late last night, when she began throwing up. She Told me the teeth had to go. Now she is waiting for the swellilng to go down So she can put them back in. Is this going to happen soon, as she has...

Bleeding after an extraction [ 3 Answers ]

Gum bleeding really bad after extraction, gauze not working... is there anything I can try myself to get it to stop.. its pretty sore as well.. well let me know!

Discolored tooth [ 6 Answers ]

I have a discolored tooth that my dentist says has been caused by nerve damage. Is it possible to reverse the discoloration? Also, I rinse my mouth with baking soda. Could that have caused the discoloration? Is there any danger in rinsing my mouth with baking soda?

View more questions Search