Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynncmac Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 04:29 AM
    Maytag side by side fridge freezer build up of ice at bottom of freezer at the back
    I noticed puddle of water on the floor underneath the freezer so checking where it is coming from I noticed a build up of ice at the back of the freezer at the bottom and realised the water was coming from that. Has anyone had this problem and is there a solution
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 8, 2011, 10:50 AM
    I see several posts here about that, even the same maker.

But here's one quote that might help:
    I have a kenmore side by side and I had ice build up on the lower bottem back wall. I went onto the web site Appliance Parts from RepairClinic.com - HomePage and they really helped me a lot. I have to replace the defrost time. It tells you everything you want to know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaking at bottom of freezer door on Maytag side by side refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

We had water leaking from the bottom of our freezer and took the back panel off and melted the ice that had built up and opened the drain so the water freely ran out. We put the freezer back together and found that now the line going up the door to our water dispenser was leaking. Will this stop...

Maytag side by side fridge freezer-- occasional ice up, defroster buzzes [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, all -- - Our Maytag SIDE BY SIDE ( MSD2356AEB) occasionally builds up ice on the coil in the freezer. I turn the unit off, remove the rear panels, defrost with a hair dryer, then reassemble after the half hour or so it takes to "hairdry" it. I restart, and the unit works beautifully. ...

How do I fix ice maker in side by side fridge/freezer [ 1 Answers ]

Have kitchen aid freezer w/ ice maker and it syopped making ice and sending water to it

Kenmore side-by-side fridge/freezer ice maker [ 4 Answers ]

15 yr old side-by-side fridge/freezer ice machine quit----have water to door but none in ice maker mold---wire is down---no noises/no nothing---old man on fixed income wants to save a $ if possible---what to check nefore the repair service is called?--thanks

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

View more questions Search