Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anjohns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 11:51 AM
    5 weeks late and 5 negative tests
    I am 21 yrs old and had my first child 7 months ago. I'm not breastfeeding so my periods have been coming at their regular time each month... except now. I am 5 weeks late and have taken 5 home pregnancy tests all of which came back negative. I am showing some signs of pregnancy also. Could I be pregnant even with the 5 negative tests?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2011, 02:35 PM

Not the norm, but it is possible that a pregnancy isn't being picked up yet on the urine tests. I would either wait and see if a second period is missed, they can just be off now and then, or go to the doctor's and ask about having a blood test done.
    lilmissme. Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 09:31 PM
    Usually by the fifth week you have a high level of pregnancy hormones that a regular at home pregnancy test can pick up, so just wait it out and see what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 plan b pills but all negative tests 2 and 1/2 weeks late [ 18 Answers ]

I took 3 plan be pills in the past month and I'm 2 and a half weeks late for my period, I took 6 tests and they are all negative. I don't feel pregnant. I am worried could the plan be pills have messed up my cycle?

Over 2 weeks late but Pregnancy tests are negative [ 22 Answers ]

My periods are very regular but I am over two weeks late. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 6 months. I have taken several home tests and they are negative. I also went to my doctor last week for a routine pap and she said my urine test was negative. Is it possible that...

Three weeks late, tests negative. [ 1 Answers ]

I was taking Yaz, but lost the package after 6 days in, and restarted a new one. Me and my boyfriend have not had unprotected sex (75% sure) since the restart. I am about three weeks late for my period. I had two little blood clots about a week ago, and that is it. I was looking at pregnancy sites...

2 weeks late and 2 negative pregnancy tests [ 2 Answers ]

I have not been sexually active until recently. I had sex with my partner for the first time on Friday July 25th. I was due for my period on July 29th. I have not gotten my period and it is now 10 days late. I am usually very regular although, last month I was 4 days late. Is my body just...

View more questions Search