Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    griller88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 11:36 AM
    House trained dog with doggy doors is peeing in house when we are home
    My one year old dog that is house trained is all of a sudden peeing on the floor. She has doggy doors to get outside whenever she wants. She had not done this in over 8 months and seems to do it every day for the last week now. Someone is home with her almost always. What could be causing this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 7, 2011, 12:43 PM
    My adult dog wishes she could pee in the house simply because she doesn't like the cold outside. I have to keep an eye on her (she gives me a funny look). Is it winter where you are?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 7, 2011, 04:34 PM

Have you taken her to a vet to rule out a bladder infection or other medical concerns that may be causing this?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2011, 10:08 PM

Joypulv does make a good point, I have a male who refuses to go outside in winter. He waits until I am not looking and pees in a corner.
    IF that is the situation and it gets extremely cold where you live you might want to look into puppy pads. They are the plastic-backed cloth that many people train their dogs to pee on inside.
    A warning with those though... they can backfire and make the problem worse, some dogs do get confused and after using a pad inside think it's a free pass to pee anywhere inside. Most are smart enough to figure out they are only to go on the pad though.

And of course, Altenweg makes a good point as well, any sudden changes in behaviour should always be seen to by a vet first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 10 year old house trained dog has started pooping in the house. [ 1 Answers ]

Please help my 10 year old dog has started pooping on the landing of my home. Its always in the same place no matter how much I scrub and steam clean he still does it there. Its always outside my bedroom door. He sleeps with my mother down the hall and ever since I moved home after 4 years of...

House-trained dog is peeing in the house. [ 3 Answers ]

She is an altered adult jack russel who has lived with me for four years now. She is one of four dogs. She's not sick although if she doesn't cut it out, I may kill her (joking). Nothing has changed in the house and this has been going on for months now. She urinates in my bedroom and when I...

House-trained dog is peeing in the house. [ 0 Answers ]

She is an altered adult jack russel who has lived with me for four years now. She is one of four dogs. She's not sick although if she doesn't cut it out, I may kill her (joking). Nothing has changed in the house and this has been going on for months now. She urinates in my bedroom and when I...

House trained dog all of sudden starts constantly peeing in house! [ 6 Answers ]

I have a chocolate labe mix. She was a stray when we first found her. She was completely housetrained when we first brought her home and then she had puppies almost 2 months after we found her. Ever since she had the puppies she`s been peeing in the house constantly. She also has been drinking...

View more questions Search