Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rocker13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 06:33 AM
    Cable control
    There are 3 turnbuckles in the cable control run. In order to achieve the correct tension, I adjust the turnbuckles to maximum. I am not able to achieve the tension required. Why has this happened and what must I do to remedy the situation?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2011, 03:22 PM
    There could be too much slack in the cable and the turnbuckle bottoms out, the end connectors are slipping or you are stretching the cables beyond their yield strength.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2011, 07:43 AM

Something may have bent?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can telephone cable and television cable put in one electrical conduit [ 5 Answers ]

Can telephone cable and television cable put in one electrical conduit?

How can the temp control cable be reconnected on 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 [ 1 Answers ]

The upper connection on the temp control cable is connected and functioning. How can the lower cable end be reconnected?

Connecting VCR, Cable Box, DVD, and Cable Internet [ 2 Answers ]

How do you connect cable wires to the cable box, broadband cable internet, a VCR, and a DVD player and still be able to watch a movie on VCR but also be able to record what's on TV with the VCR.

11hp Control Lever Spring or Cable [ 3 Answers ]

11HP Craftsman starts great but will not rev up to high. Is there a spring or cable that goes from the governor to the control lever? I see a small hole on the control lever but no cable or spring. If yes, is it hard to replace?

NEED HELP Replacing engine stop/control cable on Murray Lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

THe cable broke on the inside and I can't figure out how to take off the end that hooks onto the lawn mower, because it's a weird squared off round connector that seems to require some special tool to take it off or something Here is a pic of something kind of similar although it doesn't have...

View more questions Search