Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patilvjay89 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 09:26 PM
    Is ccna worth doing ?
    Hello guys,
    *** tell me if ccna is worth doing. I am a graduate from science stream and also have taken 2 microsofts exam IE.(mcp) I wanted to do CCNA. Recently I searched the net and got horrible answers regarding opportunities for fresher. I am very desperate to know that should I go for ccna or it would be waste of time and money.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 09:44 PM

I myself was put in a similar situation. I chose to go the CompTia & Microsoft route. That is not saying my way is correct but from what I read and understood I felt it more beneficial (for me) to not go the Cisco route.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Jan 7, 2011, 04:30 PM
    Patovjay89,

For starters... there is no substitute for real world experience. I've been in the business (Networking) for many years and I have interviewed candidates with lots of letters behind their name that couldn't navigate their way around networks. Paper certificates sometimes are more harmful than helpful especially if your resume shows certificates without real experience.

Having said that, some certificates are nearly impossible to get without solid real world experience to back them up. For example: CCIE (Networking) or GSE (GIAC Security Engineer). Others are what I call "filler" certificates which really don't amount to being able to do the job and are more high-level and look good if you're going to be a manager. Those certs can be earned with studying and practically no experience. Others are what I call "starter" certificates which should help get your foot in the door as a Novice. CCNA leans towards the starter certificate. It isn't bad, it won't hurt you and will likely land you a good beginner job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Query regarding scope of CCNA course. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi friends, I am a First year B.sc(Computer science) student and I am thinking of taking up the CCNA course.I would like to know the scope & job prospects this course would offer in the next 3 to 4 years if I were to complete it now? Thanks for all your...

Scope of CCNA [ 1 Answers ]

I have finished B.E information science, I am interested in networking and I want to join for the CCNA course... tell me am I taking right decision... tell me the scope of CCNA and other courses that I can do... Thanks

View more questions Search