Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 03:01 PM
    Does any one else experience withdrawal like symptoms when unable to access this site
    I have spent the last six weeks or so hunting, fishing, and driving around a good portion of the western U.S. having a great time.

It was a break from the daily routine and monotony of survival in the city that I need on a regular basis in order to cling onto what shreds of sanity remain.

But I did find that I greatly missed the input of the people interacting at this site.
    I am surprised at how much I was looking forward to getting back and catching up on the goings on here.

This is an awesome site because it is loaded with awesome people and I have missed it.

Just sayin'
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2011, 03:09 PM

Hello Mr martinizing!

The addictive effects of amhd are well documented in the dark cupboards somewhere in the attic of amhd.

All I can say is yep,me too,anytime I have an assigment or heavy work load I skip amdh for a while to concentrate,but boy,do I miss the craic and the people.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 6, 2011, 03:21 PM
    Gee I thought we'd locked the door ;)

And where did you see a crack, better get that fixed pronto..
    Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 03:40 PM

I was told that I was missed...

But it was due to a misaligned front sight on the Winchester.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2011, 08:52 PM

I missed you:D and G-D forbid... if I need some insight and can't get on AMHD:D, I just go to bed depressed.:(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 09:17 PM

I have been know to go well over 6 hours before the shakes start. You know it is bad if you stop random people on the street and ask them to ask you a question.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 09:28 PM

It gets really tough when I can't access this site. I was the go-to person at the library where I worked (am now retired), and was always fielding questions. There seems to be a down-time on AMHD around midnight CST. That's when I wash dishes.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 09:41 PM

Heck you this place is addictive. The worst part is when other addicts find a cure, or their family stages an intervention. There are tons of people that I miss that used to be regulars on the site, but there are new people every day that have come to mean just as much to me.

I missed you Martin. I have a feeling you're a lifer, just like me. I've tried leaving, but something always pulls me back.

I think Ben did something to my computer that keeps my addiction alive and well. Darn Ben. OMG! Ben, are you also the reason why I've had the urge to remodel my house? Stop it! :eek:

Help! I'm stuck on AMHD! :D
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 09:51 PM

Welcome back Martin,

I must say that I too really enjoy this site. I love being able to help people out on here. I also learn on here as well.

I enjoy the people on here and have developed some nice friendships. I prefer amhd over Facebook. Funny huh?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 11:22 PM

It is like an invisible chain that is elastic and keeps pulling me back.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 12:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I have been know to go well over 6 hours before the shakes start. You know it is bad if you stop random people on the street and ask them to ask you a question.
    Love it Chuck :D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 01:11 AM

Martin, your new Avatar is freaky!

Yes, I am an addict as well. I have no life. Work, sleep, AMHD.

I'm about to disconnect the phones so my family doesn't call TLC's new show "My Strange Addiction."
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Jan 10, 2011, 03:40 AM

Hey there, I was just wondering where you had gone the other day. Glad you've been having a good time.

I couldn't get on AMHD this morning for about a whole ten minutes and had to console myself by mooching around on eBay until it let me back in. Addicted moi?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 03:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by QLP View Post
    had to console myself by mooching around on ebay
    Did you buy anything exciting?

Jan 10, 2011, 04:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Did you buy anything exciting?
    Some toothbrushes lol. Not very exciting but cheap and useful.

Jan 10, 2011, 04:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    When shopping with hubby last week I was stopped by 3 different people asking me questions. The first wanted to know the difference between baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. The second how to cook kale and what it tastes like. The third wanted to understand the different kinds of milk. I wasn't masquerading as a shop employee lol. Hubby wanted to know when I was made 'supermarket oracle'.

I think AMHD is starting to have a strange affect on my life. :eek:
    No greenies on my till receipt though. :p
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 04:47 AM

Welcome back. Do I get withdrawals when not here? (no) but I do miss the people I have met here. I do answer a lot of questions in real life too. Lol.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 09:29 AM

I don't even wait to be asked in real life. I just give advice left right and center. Usually in the pet store, which really hasn't made me welcome there. They tend not to like it when a costumer tells people not to buy a puppy because it's from a puppymill, or when I tell them the male rabbit they think they're getting is actually female and pregnant. :eek:
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 11:54 AM

Me too... Once you aare on a site long enough to get to know everyone or at least more than a few. Its very true.
    Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 06:03 PM
    Wow. I feel much better now.

I was wondering if I had become over attached.

But with so many people I have a world of respect for feeling
    Much the same way , it has to be a good thing.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to access mails from Yahoo. [ 3 Answers ]

I have suddenly not been able to access my mails from Yahoo recently. I am able to access the site but gets an error message when I try to open my mails or any of the folders. I have sent mails to the support team and gone through the solutions provided but no luck. Is anybody else experiencing...

Unable to access [ 1 Answers ]

The server at torrent.virtualplace.ro is taking too long to respond. * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

Unable to access computer [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all well here I am again well the thing is I know we are not allowed to be hackers and things but my mothers ex has given a PC to my nephew but he is a bit of $&£*. Anyway he won't give them the password he just said he well you can look at it and I am wondering if anyone knows where I can...

Seroquel withdrawal symptoms [ 2 Answers ]

I am taking 600 mg. daily of seroquel for 2 yrs now for my bipolar disorder. I want to discontinue use for a while what kind of withdraws would happen?

Am unable to access registry after brontok.A [ 2 Answers ]

There is this virus by the name Rontokbro. This virus once it affcets the machine it disables the registry. For sometime now I have been successful in eliminating it by either Symantec or Norton. After this process I would normally run or instal 'UnHookExec' to enable the registry, but this time...

View more questions Search