Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormzzzzz Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Implantation bleeding or just weird period?
    Hi Everyone, I'm new here... but does anyone have any ideas? I'm confused, as I think I have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms, for the last week, but I have just experienced a bright red bleed for two and a half days, which is in fact eight days after ovulation, and also when my husband and I had intercourse. I am 29, and we are not using any form or birth control, as I had decided to free myself of an IUD and restore some natural balance in my body after a m/c in Oct 2004. After getting married recently, we decided to 'let nature takes its course, as it were, and strangely enough, the first time we randomly decided to , I have since found out was one of my fertile days. ANd so now so I was thinking this strange 'period' could have been implantation bleeding, but then it's seemed too heavy ( a medium constant flow), but today it has vanished, just as abruptly as it appeared... (very strange as usually my period lasts at least 5 or 6 days)I've tried two HPT, which both have been negative... but maybe it is too early... my ' official' period isn't due for another 3 days...
    any ideas.. or is it as my husband thinks: just wishful thinking?:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 09:18 AM
    First, read this about implantation bleeding.

Second, bright red blood is usually a cause for concern. You should make an appointment with your doctor.

Third, when taking an HPT, take it first thing in the morning, no matter what the directions say. This is when the concentration of pregnancy hormone HCG is at its highest in your urine.
    sugarplum1985 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Hi stormzzz I agree with j-9 bright red blood is a cause for concern because implation bleeding isn't normally red it is brown or a pinkish colour and is really light, but I would make a doctors appointment and see what he/she has to say it could be the fact that you have stopped using birth control and your body is just ajusting its self. Well I hope you find out soon good luck x

Jan 14, 2007, 05:10 AM
    Hi Sugerplum, thank you for your message! I'm going to make a doctor's appointment, I just wanted to wait until my expected period date (mon 15th Jan), just in case my 'real' period arrives. I've been trying to read up on these things, and although I had the negative tests, I still 'feel' pregnant... not anything I can put my finger on exactly, but a feeling!? Anyway, I've read it's posible to have normal-ish periods and still be pregnant, and also that the HCG levels may not have been high enough to register.. So I, (still being hopeful) decided I'd like to do another test in about a week, if I don't get my normal period. Also,although you advised me that it could be the lack of birth control playing around with my body, we stopped using birth control around two years ago.. (I wanted to be completely 'natural' ) and have since been using the withdrawal method, so I'm doubtful about this interfering with my menstrual cycle! ANyway, thanks again for your postings... let me know if you have any other thoughts or ideas!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Stormzzzz, just so you know, implantation bleeding has not been proven. What has been found is that many women "spot" when ovulating and the egg then gets fertalized, so women refer to this as implantation bleeding rather than ovulation bleeding.

What time of day are you taking your HPT. It is important to take it first thing in the morning as the concentration of hCG is highest then.

Also, your "feelings" may very well be accurate. Many women just "know" when they are pregnant. Intuition can be right.

The withdrawal method is not a form of birth control, so you very well could be pregnant if that is what you are using. Please read the sticky I have posted at the top of the Pregnancy & New Motherhood board for pregnancy information.

Jan 14, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Thank you J-9!. in fact I did the last HPT in the afternoon (it said on the box it could be used any time of day) but now I'm trying to make myself wait as long as possible before I do the next one... but it's difficult as I'm so impatient! In fact today, I had another day of spotting, but this time it was brown... so... two and half days of red red blood.. (which seemed kind of watery? Without any particular odour as such) and now not even half a day of brown spotting (seen only when wiped, visiting the bathroom).
    My stomach area, seems kind of bloated too... but that could certainly be down to some christmas indulgence!
    Anyway... I'll check out the sticky now...
    Thanks again..

Jan 24, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Hi Girls, well I did another hpt on the 19th Jan but it was negative :( I've since been to my ObGyn, but she said it could still be too early to tell and relax... I've kind of given up hope for last month... but my new worry is that if my lmp was in fact this strange 2 1/2 day bleed, a week early... will that affect my fertility this month? Because it was so short? I usually have my periods for 5/6 days... and as it could be my fertile time at the moment, (24 Jan) if this was actual a real, but weird out of sync periodcould it still continue to be a healthy pregnancy?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 34 Answers ]

Hi... this is my first time posting on here. I have a 2 year old, we had to go to a fertility clinic to conceive (it was on my end for the problems). But everything got straightened out (surgery). Now we are trying again and it is just so different without help. My ovulation was between the 3rd...

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 308 Answers ]

I had my last period June 17 - 20, we have been trying to get p and this month I was 3 days late. I started bleeding very lightly at first then it got a little heavier, then light again, the bleeding only lasted a day and half. I also had some cramping. Has anyone ever had this happen before? ...

Is it implantation bleeding or period [ 4 Answers ]

I had light bleeding for three days on and off no cramping and I usually have cramps and this was three days after my missed period just want to know when is it OK to test for hpt or was it just my period

Implantation Bleeding? Or maybe just a period? HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

Well... my fiancé and I have been trying to get pregnant and last month I had thought I was pregnant but than I got my period. So throughout the past month I've been feeling many of the pregnancy symptoms, such as frequent urination, headaches, feeling extremely tired at all hours of the day, and...

Implantation Bleeding or Period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My last period was on July 2nd and I had sex durning my ovulation. I was suppose to start my period yesterday {July 29th} and today when I got up I noticed a small amount of brownish blood on my panties. Then around the end of the day it turned kind of red, and there was more of it. But now...

View more questions Search