Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swenson5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 09:36 PM
    I have a new Rheem heat pump. The cooling works fine but won't blow hot air in HEAT
    I have a new Rheem heat pump. The cooling works fine but won't blow hot air in HEAT setting. I have reset the breakers for heat pump and air handler, changed filters and pulled batteries and reset the Braeburn 3000 thermostat. Still blows cold... Any other suggestions?
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

Feb 29, 2012, 03:56 PM
    I know this is an oldie but it is a goodie. Can be the reversing valve is not engaging or is stuck part way. The reversing valve is what tells the refrigerant which way to go in heat or cool mode.

MANY techs don't know this but it is worth checking the freon charge out first to elimate that as the culprit. A low charged unit doesn't have the umphhhh to push the valve. Also I have swapped out many reversing valve solenoids first before changing the whole valve. The actual valve change is expensve and we hate to do it because of the location and complexities so I would try and save a buck and have these other two eliminated first.

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forced air heat pump won't blow/come on [ 0 Answers ]

Our home heater is a forced air heat pump system. Gas operated. The heater has been working fine. This monring, we tried to turn it on and we got no heat. It sounds like it is igniting but then we get silence -- no air. We then tried the A/C. It works. Anything we can do before calling a repairman?

The air conditioner works fine. When put in to the heat mode the out door unit trips [ 2 Answers ]

The air conditioner works fine. When put in to the heat mode the out door unit trips outs on high head pressure but the indoor fan still blows. Why?

Air works fine but heat won't come on at all [ 1 Answers ]

My air condiction works fine bu when I put it on heat it won't come on at all no fan no noise or anything only thig I hear is a clicking on the circuit board that's it I have a lennox furnace Thanks in advance

Carrier heat pump works fine so far, won't go into defrost mode [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrie heat pump that is working fine so far. It still provide heat for my home. It just dose not go in to defrost mode to defrost the out side unit. I have read to put the unit in auxialry mode to get a few extra defrost cycles in, but when I read the flash codes it never say anything...

View more questions Search