Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joncalcutt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 09:15 AM
    Rotary telephone won't dial out.
    I have acquired a 70's French Socotel S63 rotary telephone. I have managed to re-wire it so it plugs into my phone socket. It takes incoming calls fine, rings well and has a nice dial tone when I pick up the receiver. However, when I go to dial a number I just get a static sort of noise. It does connect to the number I'm calling but the person on the other end can just here the same noise I can. Does anyone know what the problem might be here?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 10:23 AM

It is a european phone. You need a special adapter from your local telephone company in order to place outgoing calls.

Tick
    joncalcutt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 10:32 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Ok. I'm in England though, will that make a difference?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 10:36 AM

Thanks for mentioning you are in the UK, every little bit of information helps. You are on a US/Canada website. No, it wouldn't make a difference but would suggest you phone your landline company to see what the problem may be.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find out a telephone number (from where the telephone is) [ 8 Answers ]

I used to know a number to dial that would confirm what the phone number is at the land line phone that I am calling from. Does anyone know if this is still available in the U.S. Thanks!

White Rotary [ 2 Answers ]

I have an a white rotary electric sewing machine - the only thing I have is the book 'book no.12' does that tell you anything I need to know what year it is - thanks

Rotary phone [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved into a new home, however my old rotary wall phone will not connect to the plate on the wall. The tabs are way too close on the plate. Does anyone know if they still make one that will fit this kind of phone?

42 in rotary mower [ 2 Answers ]

I Need A Copy Of The Ignition Coil Model#917.251050

View more questions Search