Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zinindo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 05:11 AM
    Resolution of forces
    A beam is to be hoisted using two chains. Determine the magnitude of forces FA and FB acting on each chain in other to develop a resultant force T directed along the positive y axis.
    Given θ1=30 degrees,
    θ=45degrees,
    T= 800N
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 09:12 AM

Zinindo - it would help to post a sketch so we can understand the problem. But it seems that the two chans are each at some angle from the vertical. The vertical component of force in each chain is Fa x cos(angle a) and Fb x cos(angle b) respectively, and you need the sum of the two to equal the weight of the beam. You also need the horizontal components of Fa and Fb to cancel out. Can you take it from here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Computer Screen Resolution Problem I accidentally changed the screen resolution [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot do anything to remove it or go anywhere else what can I do to remove it and try to fix the problem it is just stuck on this

What is the resolution [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 32" Sanyo model #ds 31580 I'm trying to find out the resolution On that model. Any help appreciated.

Other Forces [ 2 Answers ]

Question: Besides its weight, a 2.70 kg object is subjected to one other constant force. The object starts from rest and in 1.20 s experiences a displacement of (4.20 - 3.30) m, where the direction of is the upward vertical direction. Determine the other force. Where do I begin??

View more questions Search