Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sachraj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 04:10 AM
    Intercaste love marriage?
    HI GUYZ,I AM IN LOVE WITH GUY whom I meet three years back in UK.We both are quite settled with our career ,we both are Hindu marathi speaking people but of diff subcaste ,MYself lINGAYT &HE IS MARATHA.He has already convinced his parents but on myside my family is not at all ready to accept only because of caste .I am emotional blackmailed by my family,every time I am threatened by my fathers ill health,&abt social status .MY lover had spoken nearly thrice with my family but still they are not convinced&We don't want elope &get married because we very well know about parents situations,I love my parents a lot & moreover its not good on our part to elope .I m completely stuck in my life.I want my LOVE &MY FAMILY.. I want to realise my parents tat CASTE can't win over LOVE... caste is not created by GOD.. to lead a life you need human feelings,emotions not caste... *** guyz help me out... I want some genuine reply... plzzzz help
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 07:45 AM

You have a decision to make, to build your own life, or live theirs. Its your choice, as they may never be convinced, unless they are proved to be wrong. You will never accomplish that by waiting for them to get what they want. What do you want? Choose, and if you cannot, then you are not ready to be married any way.

In the real world, you make a decision and stick to it, and face the challenges, and obstacles that life throws at you. I am American by the way, and we have a class system similar to India, but it is challenged by young people everyday. Sometimes it works out in the future, and sometimes it does not. It depends on the couple. If they are strong, they work through these things, but if they are not, it's a mistake and disaster.

That's the risk we all take when we want something. We have to make sure the risk is worth the reward. If he is, then take it.

If your family is worth more than the future, let them decide it for you. SIMPLE, make a choice, because it looks like you won't get both things you want.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2011, 07:52 AM
    I'm not really experience in this religion stuff. I'm sorry, but I would like to say that your story is like many others I have heard, is this man your absolute true life partner? Can you see yourself growing old with him? Is it forever? If you feel sure about all of this then you HAVE to do what's right by you! Its your life and your feelings, and yes you are human! I'm sure in the future you would like your own family one day? It would be wrong of you to have children with a man you don't truly love, it would not be fair for your children so be part of a loveless marriage, so for the sake of your future children be with the man you love! Bring them in to a loving true marriage and teach them how to love! I know you love your family and it will be harsh for me to say but your parents won't be here forever, and when they're gone who do you have? Be with your man, and hopefully your family will accept him some day. I hope I help :)
    jzaidi Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2011, 03:23 AM
    Com on, when you made love, you have to face such hurdles. Its true that the love has no boundaries, but 100 and 1000 other has accepted such situations so, do you.
    ByeBye Posts: 34, Reputation: 8

Jan 5, 2011, 04:15 AM

I am indian hindi speaking living in South Africa and we have the same issues with repect to cast system!my parents are strict in this regard!I know as children we like to make our parents proud and hold their name high but I think at the end of the day, you need to think of what makes you happy and act on that!if you choose to marry this guy,I hope that your parents will see by the way he treats you that he makes you happy and at the end of day that is what any parent wants is to see their child happy!goodluck with this difficult situation and I hope everything works outg!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intercaste marriage [ 6 Answers ]

I am a muslim and I want to marry a girl of hindu caste? I know that marring a other caste girl is haram but if the girl is ready to convert islam? If my parents did not allow me to do marriage than what should I do?

Make parents agree intercaste love marriage [ 10 Answers ]

Hi.. I am a hindu girl... I love a guy since 4 years. Actually we both love each other very much. We are in our final year of btech. The prob is the guy I love is of different caste. The major prob arrived when my parents asked me to accept a match they brought just 2 days ago. But I refused and...

Intercaste marriage [ 3 Answers ]

We both are hindu, but he is from lower caste than me, my parents are not agree for our marriage, we are trying to convince them but no use. Also, I've a elder brother and my parents saying that there will be problems in his marriage because of this. Pleae help me what to do in this situation, I...

View more questions Search