Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdavy_p Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2011, 05:55 PM
    Swapped motherboard. No sound through I/O port.
    I have an emachines w5243. The motherboard failed and I swapped it with an ECS c51g-m754 board. I installed mobo drivers and no sound. I installed realtek alc655 drivers and still no sound. I have sound through the headphone jack (on front panel) but no sound through the onboard I/O port. Running Windows Vista Home Premium. Any thoughts?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 06:45 PM

Does it have realtek ? If so and it has other outputs like digital then the default may be set wrong to how you want to use it. Check to make sure that "port" is active. Realtek has a program for that.
    rbilow Posts: 44, Reputation: 6

Jan 3, 2011, 10:13 PM
    Well off had, you said you had an emachine w5243. That probably had a mcp61sm-gm motherboard, Which is a socket AM2. Your ECS c51g-m754 board is a Socket 754. The emachine came with Vista but the socket 754 board is windows 98/XP compatible. Not sure you can get Vista drivers for it. Put windows XP on it and you should be fine. Personally if just your motherboard went I would get another socket AM2 board and put the processor and memory from the emachine board, Then you'll be vista ready again.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rbilow View Post
    Well off had, you said you had an emachine w5243. That probably had a mcp61sm-gm motherboard, Which is a socket AM2. Your ECS c51g-m754 board is a Socket 754. The emachine came with Vista but the socket 754 board is windows 98/XP compatible. Not sure you can get Vista drivers for it. Put windows XP on it and you should be fine. Personally if just your motherboard went I would get another socket AM2 board and put the processor and memory from the emachine board, Then you'll be vista ready again.
    While you are correct as far as the MOBO initial specs go for the m754 MOBO (it was primarily designed to be run with 98/XP). Beings you can install Vista on these they do have drivers for the Realtek ALC655 codec which is the driver this MOBO needs. The issue is not being able to find a driver (because they do exist).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motherboard integrated sound not working [ 4 Answers ]

I have built my own PC,the motherboard being a Asus P5N-D and I have no sound at all,hope you can help

Replace data/fax port with firewire port [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a dell inspiron 531 computer from costco. It has a TV tuner and a 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem. I know the TV tuner uses one of the two available pci slots, but does a data/fax modem use anothwer pci slot? I want to have an open pci slot so I can add a firewire port. If the data/fax uses a...

Connecting the sound card to the motherboard [ 4 Answers ]

I've got a hp a730n and need to know how to connect the sound card to the motherboard. I'm great with software, but the hardware part is where I default to the smart ones! Please help!! I'd love to hear my music again.

Motherboard and sound card [ 1 Answers ]

I have an HP a730n. My problem is that there is no sound. Everything is connected properly on the outside. After reading all I can take in and installing every driver applicable, I've come to the conclusion that my sound card is not connected to the motherboard. Software problems I can handle. ...

Need sound card and motherboard drivers [ 2 Answers ]

HI, Please I need sound card and motherboard drivers I have lost the cd's so please tell me where shall I get it and site...

View more questions Search