Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cadillacfleet79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2011, 12:06 PM
    What is the value of a 1928A $100 bill. Serial G01****5A
    Treasurer Walter O. Woods, Secretary of the Treasury A.W. Mellon.

I would guess it to be in the lower range of VF.

It is a Federal Reserve Note which says under it, "Redeemable in Gold on demand at the United States Treasury, or In Gold or lawful money at any Federal Reserve Bank."

It also has a 7 in all four corners.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2011, 09:55 PM

Cadillacfleet79{ ? ] YOU HAVE A
    SERIES 1928A $ 100.00 note ; it is a [FRB };.SIGNATURES ARE WOODS & MELLON;;IT is a {FEDERAL RESERVE BANK NOTE} THE ONE YOU HAVE IS REALLY PRINTED IN { MINNEApolisand is bank number [ I - (I-9 } DISTRIC NUMBER;; NOTE{ THEY start on the EAST COAST AT BOSTON{ WHICH IS DISTRUIC I-9} AND ENDS IN SAN FRANCISCO AS DISTRIC t 1-AQUESTION ?- DID you notice if there were small STARS AT THE START OF THE SERIAL: NUMBER OR AT THE END OF THE SERIAL NUMBER;; Here are the values as per the currency book ;;;; 1928A $ 1.00 silver certificate, signatures are {WOODS AND MELLON}- VF-20 +$135.00;;; EF-40- $175.00;; UNC-63-$325.00 ];;
    NOTYE }_ GO TO THIS SITE AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS WRITTEN AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOUR CONDITION AND GRADE IS FOR THE NOTE YOU HAVE:: 1.9)how do you grade the condition of paper money then you will know what to figure for the value ;; if you have a problem just come back to this site and just holler ;; have a grea and safe new years and GOD BLESS ;;F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Much is a 1928A Silver Certificate $1.00 Bill Worth in today's Market? [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a 1928A $1.00 bill silver certificate worth?

How muchb is $100 bill worth serial number b02932696a [ 1 Answers ]

Very nice condition

Value of $1 1935e bill serial # X27515704G [ 0 Answers ]

I have a $1 1935E bill. Serial #X27515704G. I would like to know how much it may be worth.

$5 bill red serial number [ 2 Answers ]

What do red serial numbers mean and are they more valuable?

View more questions Search