Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tvcv85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 07:13 PM
    How to split assests
    My parents & grandmother a owners of a duplex. My parents want sell & move out of state taking my grandmother with them who lives with them. The front duplex has been rented all along, over 30 years. The monies have been collected by my father, because my g/mother lived out of state up until last year. A small amount was paid to my father for the "caring" of the rented duplex. A second mortgage was taken out by my father a few years ago for personal use, does that get split up as well? The g/mother rec'd a small amount from retirement & medicare for her expenses, although my parents administer her money. She is 88 years old and has the beginnings of dementia. When they sell the duplex, what amount should go to the g/mother? How much should she contribute to the purchase of the new home? She will be living with them again. They are planning on purchasing new furniture for the new home as well, does she contribute to that as well? How do you split day to day expenses, such as utilities, food, etc...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2007, 07:31 PM
    They sell the property, grandparents get half, parents get half, parents have to pay the mortgage from their 1/2 since they got that money out of property for personal use.

I would say that grandparent does not pay anything for new home, but would or could pay a care taking fee for living there.

My personal opinoin anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Split up [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I slit up two months ago. Now I do still love her and I do mean that its not a crush or anything like that . Basally I covered up the truth about who I was in the past and what I used to do for a living I wanted for her to take me for who I am today she said she needed time and...

My split is really affecting me... [ 88 Answers ]

I just got separated after a short marriage. I was handling the situation really good throughout the entire separation and was doing OK until a few days ago. Now all of a sudden I can't eat, my stomach is in knots all day, I feel like I want my spouse back (even though for the past several months I...

My Parents have split. [ 26 Answers ]

Hey guys, When I was 10yrs my Mum and Dad got divorced. It was very hard for me and growing up I have not really had much to do with my Dad; which is sad because I was always a Daddy's girl. My mum remarried when I was 12yrs and since then my Step-Dad has always been there for me. I look to...

Property split [ 1 Answers ]

hello, we inheriated property when my fatherinlaw died.everything has already cleared probate.our questions are 1-the proty is now tenants in common between the two brothers,they both are 50% owners equally.the willstated sellat fair market value at the time of death which both brothers didn't do...

View more questions Search