Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PatDub22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2011, 12:50 AM
    Reduced water pressure after changing the electric water heater (Rheem 50L) ?
    We've just had our water heater changed yesterday and there appears to be a marked reduction in the water pressure not only in the shower but also in in the fauctes in our apartment ?

All the fittings are the same except as the inlet was slightly higher than on the original unit, we have had to adapt using a flexible (bendable) hose pipe...
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2011, 01:19 AM

Clean the aerators at each of the faucets and shower. Sounds like the screen has sediment in it.

Chuck
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 04:55 AM

Hi guys:

YUP! As Chuck said, check the aerators at each faucet, remove the shower head(s), and remove the washing machine hoses and clear the hoses and screens at the inlets to the washing machine valve, too.

While the aerators/shower head(s) and hoses are off be sure to run water through each fixture to clear the lines of anything remaining in them and then reinstall all and hopefully you're all set, OK?

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reduced water pressure after installing new water heater [ 8 Answers ]

Quick history: 1. House is about 85 yrs old, two kitchens, two baths, and a laundry room sink near the water heater. Visible water main into the house is copper, however, after the water filter unit (with no filter element) is another foot of copper connected to galvanized piping. 2. Last...

How do I check the amperage on a 50 gal Rheem electric water heater? [ 4 Answers ]

I want to make sure the heating elements are working or need to be replaced. This is an electric 50 gallon hot water heater (Rheem). This is a total electric home and unfortunately I do not have enough power to go tankless.

I have very low hot water pressure from my hot water heafrom an electric water heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have very low water pressure from my hot water heater. I can't find anything wrong.. any ideas?

New electric water heater low hot water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced an old electric hot water heater, roughly 10+ years old, with a new one. This was done in the early am, before noon. It is now evening, after 6pm EST. and I've noticed two things. 1) My hot water pressure is now low in all of my faucets, but the cold water is fine. 2) The water...

Reduced water pressure after installation of new water heater (entire house) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, We just had a new water heater installed yesterday and the water pressure seems to be reduced (probably 85-90%) of the prior level, through out the entire house. Our old water heater started to leak yesterday AM, had the new one installed that afternoon (40 gallon, 9 year wty, gas: GE...

View more questions Search