Ask
    floresj6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 10:03 PM
    My baby moms mother and father won't let me see my baby what do I do
    Were both 18 I go to college in Indiana I have a job she doesn't
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 10:06 PM

Have you been to court for custody and/or visitation? If not, that's the place to start.

When you go that route, you will end up paying child support, if you aren't already.
    lakilyaj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 10:10 PM

Yes the courts are the way to go. Make sure you are ready for the backlash though, because baby mothers tend to be vengeful. She will probably file for child support. If you feel like the support order is too much you could always put it up for review. They will go by your gross income and they don't look at your liabilities (ex. Rent, car note) They just have a baseline equation they use.
    lakilyaj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 10:14 PM

Oh also it will look good that you are in college, working, and trying to be a good father. If the courts there are anything like va then you may be directed to a mediator first with an attached court date if no resolution is reached in mediation. Don't be nervous about mediation, its informal and you and the mother will just sit down with a mediator and try to come up with an agreement. MAKE SURE its what you agree with, because what you agree on in the initial court order is basically set in stone and will take a lot to prove why something should be changed in the initial order. Hope everything turns out okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a father with blood group B+ and a mother with blood group B+ give a baby with O- [ 3 Answers ]

My both parents have the same blood group which is B+ and I am O- ! How can this happen?

Father is english, mother is polish, not married what nationality is baby [ 7 Answers ]

Father is english. Mother is polish. Both jointly registered birth but are unmarried. What nationality is baby

Unmarried, father of my baby wants his surname for the baby [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am residing in the Philippines. I am presently one month pregnant. The father of my baby wants his surname for the baby but the problem is we are unmarried. And he will be leaving the country in few days from now. I certainly know that he will not be here in the Philippines when I deliver...

How can the father on my baby see him if my mom won't let him [ 7 Answers ]

My mom dose not like my boyfriend and I'm having a kid with him can she keep him fron seeing me and our baby? :( :( :(

View more questions Search