Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlinpend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 05:46 PM
    Dentistry while pregnant
    Hi, I am eight weeks pregnant and need to go into the dentist to get an impression done for a crown I need put on an implant I had done 6 months ago, but was wondering if it was safe since I am in my first trimester. Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 09:25 PM

Dentists are very cognizant regarding teeth and pregnancy. There is no chemical or substance that could harm you or your unborn baby that he would be using to make the impression. Dental care is very important during pregnancy.

Tick
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 07:11 AM
    Tlipend,

It is recommended that no dental work be done during the first or last trimester of pregnancy. Having an impression done, like tickle said, will not be a problem but if you have to have freezing for anything, wait until you are in your second trimester and your MD gives you the go ahead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad dentistry [ 2 Answers ]

Is there an internet site to find out past history on a dentist to find out if he's ever had practice issues in the past

Dentistry jobs available. [ 1 Answers ]

Is An Orthodotis An Easy Job To Get If You Have All The Educational Requirements Needed For It.:d

Dentistry [ 1 Answers ]

Basic Equipments In A Dental Outpatient

Over Treatment - Dentistry [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, After over 13+ years in going to the same dentist, I have noticed some changes to the practice: - the addition of cosmetic dentistry - the pressure of the dental hygenist to perform more services - the 3 minute visit from the dentist during a routine cleaning, the 3 minutes of which is...

View more questions Search