Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bethy427 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 02:32 PM
    My Corn Snaked Puked... Any advice?
    I had bought a Young fancy corn snake the last week from Pet smart. I named him Jasper. The worker said he eats fine and so when it was time for Jasper to eat (2 pinkies) he seemed fine and ate okay. I fed him Friday, and now it's Sunday. He drank quite a bit of water and really moves around in his 10 gallon tank. I was holding him and letting him roam on me when suddenly he started opening his moth wide and I noticed this lump in its neck, so I put him down and he puked up a whole pinkie and another clump, which I'm guessing was half of the other pinkie. Was it because I has holding him? It had been 2 days since he fed so I thought holding him wouldn't hurt. Is there something wrong with my tank? I keep the temp at about 80 degrees in the whole tank with an incandescent bulb, but the humidity is only about 30%. The temp remains about 70-75 at night and the humidity increases to about 45%. I keep the under-tank heat pad on all the time and keep his hiding cave over it. I have a liner for the substrate but it absorbs almost all the heat from the heat pad, but the glass underneath gets really warm. When should I try to feed him again? The worker from the store said he eats 2 pinkies every 7-10 days right now. Any advice for me??
    angel66647 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2012, 07:49 PM
    Your snake is fine, the snakes digestive system works a lot differently than humans when a snake eats, it breaks down the food with its inernal muscles and sometimes it spits out the useless matter ( such as the hair and the bones) my old snake did this all the time (it could also be because you over fed it but I doubt it) I used to feed my snake eggs and days later I would see it spit out the egg shells from the eggs it did the same with the mice and other stuff I fed it my suggestion is that he's fine but you should ask your local vet or ask a person in petsmart just to be sure...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snaked sink, still backing up ? Now what? [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I snaked the drain, went in about 20 feet could not get anymore in. put trap back together. Ran water, backs up and it does drain, just very very slowly. Before it would not drain. So now what?

What to do when a pipe has been snaked and still overflows [ 4 Answers ]

We have snaked the clean out drain with a hand held snake that attaches to a drill and a bigger power snake. We now have the cover off the drain so that when the water back up sone can go out there intead of overflowing the pipe that the washer drains in. When the water does come out of the drain...

Snaked floor drain, but no luck! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, The floor drain in the basement of my 1960's split is overflowing from the dishwasher and kitchen sink. I've snaked the floor drain using a 25 ft drill powered auger. Got to the end of the snake, all 25 ft, and never felt like I hit a clog. I tried this a couple of times, but the drain...

My dog got de wormed last month and now he's puked 4 times in the last 2days? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm a first time dog owner,my dog is about 7 months old and I gave him his deworming formula last month.but I've noticed that in the last couple of days he has puked about 4 times,it's a yellowish fluid. I was just wondering if that could be his system clearing out or that maybe he really is...

Bathtub can not be snaked [ 6 Answers ]

I have a cape that is about 55 years old. Lo9oks like priginal tub it has been a slow drainer since we ourchased it. But now it is really back up. I use drain open and it helps. I purchased a snake but it would not get through the hole where the tub stopper is. (dosent work). Anyhow any...

View more questions Search