Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anthoula Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Fraud
    My husband left me 3 days after getting his green card in the mail. I now know he married me for the green card only. He was in jail for 6 months for fraud, how do I get his green card revoked?

Thanks
    Anthoula
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Write all of your information and send it to the INS. That is all you can do, the rest will be up to them if they wish to look into it or not.

I am sorry for this, he must be a very low life, to have lied and cheated you like that.
    julia1965 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 11:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anthoula
    My husband left me 3 days after getting his green card in the mail. I now know he married me for the green card only. He was in jail for 6 months for fraud, how do I get his green card revoked?

Thanks
    Anthoula
    I am sorry to hear about your situation, you need to report this to the INS office where he was issued his immigration approval. I understand that in order for him to retain his visa, he needs to remain married for at least ten years. Good Luck
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 10:27 AM
    The above is correct, it is technically illegal and grounds for it to be cancelled but it seems that this happens so often that they might not do anything.

It's definitely worth calling INS as a green card is simply a life long visa, it can be revoked if he breaks the law and he obviously tricked you into a sham marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fraud? [ 32 Answers ]

My wife and I went to her final Immigration (Green card) interview in April, here in NYC. She got her restrictions lifted at that time. Within two weeks of that appt, she threw me out of the bedroom and told me that she wanted a divorce. Interestingly enough, when I asked her if she was worried...

Could this be fraud? [ 1 Answers ]

My best friend married a woman from Ghana in November of 2002. After getting married in the state of Florida the couple purchased a home in NC. The husband sent for her 3 kids in Ghana and they all lived as one happy family until two months ago when he returned home from work to find his wife, the...

Fraud by any other name [ 3 Answers ]

I am not asking a question here, but sharing a news article in today's "Bismarck Tribune". Just when you wonder how low someone can go, someone finds out how. Alleged surrogate scam leads to felony charge

Need Help Immigration Fraud [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me, My friend has made a reckless decision to gain citizenship to the U.S.A. and I don't know what to do! She is Canadian and a lesbian, she is marrying a gay man that she just met a few months ago. They are getting married in L.A. in 2 weeks. I have called the U.S. consulate in...

View more questions Search